So then, did North Electric become North Supply? And then NS started handling ITT material, (like graybar, lincoln Supply and just about anybody else in the Telco field. North supply has pulled in their horns and closed a few warehouses. Are they going back to just supplying operating companies, or going out of business? Company I work for now did very little business with them. Previous employer bought just about everything from them! They had everything! And their sales people either knew about 'it' or knew where to find 'it'!
What happened to AE? For that matter, what happened to SC?
Re Western Electric. I was raised and lived in KC,MO 'til I was 40. When the big change happened, the manufacturing plant in Lees Summit (outside KC) eventually got sold. And the repair center in Overland Park shut down. Don't know what finally happened to the repair center. I believe it was at 67th and I35.
You know, I'm thinking that the unbundling happened right at retirement point for a LOT of Telco employees. That was when most companies retired people after 30 years, and that would have been a second major turnover point based on Telcos doing serious hiring about 1920.

John C.

ARE WE HAVING FUN YET?

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.