Yes, but at the same time we need people who can help us figure out our computers and more importanly, VoIP!
I don't know about you, but VoIP is here and I have no clue about getting around a customer's router. Many wasted hours!

I am smart, but then, I am kind of dumb! Hey, when I got into this business, it was just phones and they were 1A2.

I think being a plumber would have been a better career choice. Not much you can do to change things in that industry.

Here I go, changing the theme of the orignal subject. How easily we telephone people are distracted

I wouldn't put too much stock into the "Myth of Network Guy" Most of them do
their networks about as well as squikey did the phone install.

WHY/How exactly do you think you get
50 spam mails every flipping day about making your D*ck bigger from return e-mails like MSN.com and Adidas.com and CBS.com or anything with a user that's xyszaxa? It's because all those "Network" guys wouldn't know how to secure a network if you gave them a lock and a key.
The one MAJOR thing that VOIP has actually done is exposed just how LITTLE skill and knowledge most IT guys have!

Computers are extremely forgiving. As long as you're close they'll work. Most IT guys solve "lack of performance" with throwing money at it. More upgrades more memory, sound familiar - instead of fixing the network.

Half the battle with VOIP, if you're putting it into an existing network is figuring out the clusterf*ck that's been done to it.