Too bad we have to eat so much time and money replacing this warrantied equipment. I would like to see a 5 year ESI Parts and Labor warranty. This would make them step up and use better components. Do you think?

I have two drives in need of replacement at this moment. One is waiting for the customer to upgrade their PRI circuit to NI2 because the newer X-Class software does not work with NI1. The customer is still shaking their head as to why the current old software supports NI1 and not the newer software. They are having to nervously endure problems and hope that their system doesn't completely crash before their Carrier can make the change.

The other system, another X-Class only 2.5 years old, was having very strange ESI-Link problems. The only fix or the first occurance was to reboot the system which did not come back up. After several reboots and a full card reseat the system came back up. The ESI-Link issue was cleared. Several days ago the ESI-Link went completely out. ESI could not for the life on them figure out why this was happening. They kept requesting a reboot. We didn't want to reboot because of the issue 3 weeks prior. This customer is 3 hours from our office. Probably three hours from any other ESI reseller office for that matter. We finally gave in to a reboot after approx. 6 - 8 hours of ESI not finding the problem. Again the system did not come back up until after several reboots. All reboots were given ample time to take effect. The reboot again cleared the ESI-Link issue. The next day we got a request from the customer to find the problem. ESI told us to get a laptop and go to the site and reboot the system. Remember the three hour drive time> We refused to go and requested that ESI resolve the issue on their own. One hour later they came back with the reason for the problems. I'm sure gald we didn't listen to them as we unfortunatly have in the past and made unneeded site visits. It turns out that the system had a version of CS software loaded in slot two and was trying to boot from that slot first. We have no record of our company loading any software to that site. All software upgrades are requested to be performed by ESI tech support after all of the past failures we have encountered by loading the "Software of the Week" to "Correct" other problems. We were told that this CS software can run on an X-Class and that it was probably causing our ESI-Link issues. I want to know why the system was trying to boot from slot 2 in the first place? We are being told that this drive needs to be replaced because it is more than likely corrupt from the CS software.

IT NEVER ENDS!