Only after replacing yet another bad HDD last week im realizing a pattern here. I have had to replace nearly 10 HDD's all in vintage ESI systems and 90% pretty much an E-Class. Its happening usually during the customers 5th year which luckily enough in all cases still covered under the 5 year warranty.

I have left ESI for the past two years but am contracting with an old company at the moment that is an ESI dealer. Last I talked to my good ol' buddy Chris Harris at ESI he mentioned that none of the new stuff is HDD and all Flash card. Its about damn time...

I have worked on one comm server since comming back to phones and it looks like an ESI X-class or 600. Both of those ran an HDD and in the 600 had the option of mirrored HDD's. Is it safe to assume that all the comm servers have an flash card?

Anyway, the question remains... how many HDD's have you seen go bad since you've been installing ESI? I have been installing ESI since the Original IVX and have over 100 systems between CA, Oregon, and Denver under my belt.