Originally posted by rustynails:
Originally posted by MacOSX:
[b] ... heck, even OS9 was so vastly different that there are very few crossover programs.
Oops. This was proprietary information that was not to be conveyed to idiot window users. After all this is an Apple talking point; solely for the purpose of debunking users from upgrading their XP to Vista, and righteously moving to the "superior" Mac. Come on now, you mean even Mac's have this issue on a major OS release, I could have swore this was only symptomatic to the inferior "OS" with the microsoft tag.

~brother [/b]
What is proprietary about 0S 9 not having many crossover programs? OS X was almost a complete rebuild from the ground up... it's not a secret.

What is an "Apple talking point"?

What issue do you refer to... backwards compatibility?

----

Originally posted by rustynails:
BTW.

I have both, and cant stand the MAC. There's nothing more proprietary than a mac in my opinion, and only recently have they realized the freedom in hardware.

Parallels. May come with OS 10.5, but the MS license does not. So if you want a legitimate XP/Vista OS, then be prepared to pay for the additional fees.
Can you explain the statement "There's nothing more proprietary than a mac in my opinion, and only recently have they realized the freedom in hardware." further?

I didn't even know that Parallels came with OS 10.5... but regardless of that; why would Microsoft allow licenses for XP/Vista in a Mac bundle?

- Tony
Ohio Data LLC
Phone systems, data networks, firewalls and servers in Central Ohio.
Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected.