Are these lines ported from a local CO? If so their is a good chance the business will not be able to port them back.

You and I are aware of that, now it's time to make the customer aware of that.

This install guideline is pathetic! Six drops? How do they manage attenuation?

8 port tap off the feeder out in the telecom closet.

What are they doing for cross connects?

They are doing nothing. I wouldn't let them touch it! I installed the backboard, laid it out and hung the modems and backups on it. Made them stand there and learn something. I provided a 6 foot outlet strip and routed the RG-6 down one side. All I would let them do is provision them. We have 4 pair breakout cables that we normally use for the CO lines on our KSU installations that use RJ-11s. Perfect for this also. One from each modem to a split 66 block, 50 pair cable over to where the system cross connect is, then another split 66 block next to the Verizon demarc. At that point everything is cross connect wire so everything comes off the Verizon block and gets put on the Cablevision block. Not something that they would know how to do in their wildest dreams.

I'll try and get some pictures when it's finished.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.