Hal has obviously been listening in on some of my conversations. His initial post is almost a verbatim rant that I was shouting a few months ago.

Customer, in a restaurant, gets the sales pitch to save money. I get called while the cable 'tard is there. I respond immediately, and find my extremely neat, albeit extremely tiny, wire room has been destroyed. My 2 incoming 6 pairs, multipled on two 66 blocks, with bridging clips and cross-connections, have been ripped out, and half-modular cords have been Scotchloked to the back wiring.

They are back-feeding telco, and are getting no dial tone to the KSU.

The 'tard has no clue what he's doing. When I start in on him, he gets angry (no wonder) and appeals to the restaurant owner, who picks up a mop handle, and chases the guy right into the street, telling him that he ever comes back, he'll kill him.

They used four, two-line modems, to derive eight lines, with an assortment of splitters and jumper cables that would make your eyes hurt. They hung them from my 66 blocks with wire ties.

When I called their head office to ask them if they had a larger multi-line unit, their answer was, basically, they never heard of such a thing.

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"