I work for a Church / private school and we need to replace our aging NEC PBX phone system. It is currently supplied by a T-1 and not a PRI, but that is available if we desire.

*I* think a brand new PBX phone system would work just fine, and I'm hoping you all might have some general recommendations as to who makes good PBX phone systems? (I hope I'm not opening Pandora's Box and, effectively, asking who makes the best car...).

:-)

*I* think a new PBX would be just fine, because:

1.) Cost is an issue
2.) The end users do very little moving within the organization; once they've been assigned a desk they typically stay there for their duration of employment
3.) We'd like to use our existing wiring infrastructure that's already in place and in good shape (the Church was built in 1999)
4.) I can't think of any compelling "whistles & bells" that would come with either a new IP/PBX or VoIP system that could justify the price.

Since I can't call a "Sales Reps" and get an honest answer on who makes a good system, I thought I'd do the reverse; I'd ask the folks who have to repair the stuff!

I welcome your thoughts, suggestions, and feedback.

Thank you...Happy New Year!

Ed