Thought I'd let everyone know how I made out. The verizon installers were great. They came back on the following Monday and put the smartjack in. I guess hooking up my 2 pair myself wasn't worth it.

After they finished, they reported to AT&T that everything was done. I did a test with AT&T and they reported they could see the router.

since I was configuring my own router, I spent a day or two playing with the config, asking some friends, etc, and I still couldn't get online. I finally hired a Cisco expert and he told me that AT&T needed to turn on some routes.

I spent several days trying to convince AT&T that they needed to turn on routes, they had me rebooting my PC and other silly things.

Finally I emailed the tech that was responsible for the turn on. I Told her I thought some routes were missing. She told me that she was "just thinking about my circuit" and was checking things out and noticed she didn't turn on one of my routes. Everything was fine after that.

Thanks for all the help from here. I was a little disappointed that I can only get 178Kbps download from newsgroups, but I can get all of my work done, and I haven't had an outage yet.

Jack