I hope that the forum members allow non-techs to post here. If this is a private place I apologize.

I live in rural Southern Indiana and I finally got tired of having lousy wireless broadband. I ordered a T1 from AT&T and just had my technical interview.

My house is 3 years old. I suspect that it has 4 pairs installed to the NID (This is the the box outside my house?)

I have two voice lines now, but once the T1 is installed I will cancel at least one of them right away.

When I placed the order with AT&T, I told them I would do my own inside wiring. I've been thinking and reading this forum and I'm wondering if I need to have a professional do it.

I've done plenty of Cat5 cabling and terminating. I make my own cat-5 patch cables. I wired my basement phone jacks with no problem.

Is T1 really different? I imagined that the installer (verizon) would bring the 2 extra pairs to my NID and then those pairs would be available at all of the jacks in my house (the builder didn't do home runs). It was my idea that I would just take those two pairs, install an extra jack, and hook that up to my router.

Am I crazy or close or none of the above?

Thanks for any help. I have a call into the AT&T P.M. in case I need to order inside wiring service.

Art