Good Heavens !
I already have the 124i running quite satisfactorily and unless some glaring problem shows up it will be staying; this is not a question.

It seems as if NOBODY has paid attention to what I said right at the start of this thread:

->The ancient Comdial KSU is enough EXCEPT that it's phones have been replaced too many times and THAT isn't happening again.

Think - please - if a REALLY, incredibly ancient Comdial system is sufficient, the 124i is WAY ahead of THAT !!!

The system choice is already settled - so please quit bashing it now.
(Perhaps you'd like to come visit and take not ONE, but TWO whole Comdial systems WITH phones home with you - they'll be FREE !!!)

I asked these questions and STILL would like some usable info in direct response to what I asked, please - if anyone knows:

1)
Is there an easy/cheaper way to get the single VM box needed via PC ?

2)
I've read what posts as I can find here and seen mention of using Asterisk for VM only as well as vague mention of other software-> would anyone please point me to what may be usable, PC based and would have inexpensive cards I could put into an ordinary PC for the VM s/w to gain analog access through ?

(Yes, I know we can use the telco's VM system-> that is also NOT what I asked...)

Thanks for any USABLE INFO !