I looked into their forums and apparently MANY subscribers were complaining of answering machines, voicemails, and the like recording a lot of dial tone. It seems that for Ooma subscribers the place to go to get things done is their forum board. The mods and admins on the board are the engineers and developers for Ooma, so they have the ability to get things done quickly if you ask nicely. I was reading a few threads about call quality issues and within hours of saying there was an issue, a mod would report back that the issue was resolved and what they did. For example changing the default audio codec, assigning the box to a closer server, or changing some setting within the box that the user doesn't have access to. People would reply that the problem was solved or wasn't. Usually it was. Evidently the CPC problem was so widespread that it required a mass firmware update, which is why it took so long to get resolved. Now there is a setting (still only available to them) to toggle the CPC on and off and to set how long the duration is. I forced my box to do a firmware update today and lo and behold it will release a held line on my partner if the caller hangs up. My faith in humanity is slightly restored.