The problem I see is that Voip is the word in the industry. Good or Bad. As stated, most of the customers I have talked to don't understand what that means, they just know "everybody" is getting it and saving money. Sometimes you only get one shot in front of the prospective client, and if they already think they need Voip, they need Voip. If you spend you 5 minutes trashing Voip, you run the risk of appearing not to listen to their wants. I try to approach it from the hybrid model, showing the risk reduction> That doesn't always work either.

It is here to stay I think. Deal with it how you want. It's like having pneumonia and not going to the doctor. Ignoring it will most likely kill you in the end.

The other problem I see is there is no good place to get the education we need to properly install this stuff. At least not for me. I can't go back to college full time. Why don't one of you who are doing this and doing it well start giving classes for the TDM phone guy to learn the ip stuff as it relates to phone systems. We have looked at courses before, but I don't want to learn about windows, I want to know how to network stuff as it pertains to phone systems.

I always tell people I am a phone guy being dragged kicking and screaming into the computer world.

Shawn
Connect Telecom www.connecttelecom.us
In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock. Thomas Jefferson