will always be a large customer base that wants the local company that speaks English and knows the needs of their client.

They already have that established in their IT staff or solution provider. The fact that VoIP utilizes the IT network infrastructure is the death knell for us. For any number of reasons the customer as well as the IT staff doesn't want their network to become a multiple responsibility.

If you need more evidence that manufacturers intend their equipment for the IT industry- it's no coincidence that VoIP systems are designed from the ground up to look like, operate and program like IT equipment. That's so it can be more easily assimilated into the IT knowledge base since it's something they are already familiar with. They could have packaged it and made it program and operate like traditional TDM systems, but the IT "professionals" would have a steep learning curve and if the manufacturers lost them they would have lost their foot-in-the-door because of the influence the IT people have.

I've never been in favor of Unions, but I feel small Reseller interconect business owners like us need some kind of group protection in these times of changing technology.

I've said that many times, we have no group or even a voice that represents us and makes our opinions and demands heard. We get crapped on by everything from internet sales to giving VoIP away to the IT industry.

So where are we going? If I were a young guy just starting out, this industry is certainly not something that I would consider. It would be like opening a TV repair business back in the 90's. Where are they now?

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.