Originally posted by KLD:
I think (it's been a long time)that the BR leads only strap the ringing to the CA (Common Audible).
The BR straps on the 400E diagram make sense, but according to the San/Bar diagram the BR strap just connects C.O. tip to station tip. As far as I can tell, if you pull the BR strap there's just no way you'd ever be able to use that line. :confused:

A couple of other points. First, I notice that all the cards have hold-release options of 50mS and 500mS, with the former being indicated as for use with ESS offices. Did all offices guarantee a minimum battery-drop period of 500mS upon calling-party hangup, or was ESS actually shorter? Obviously SxS/panel/X-bar might give momentary battery loss during relay switching which would necessitate the longer timeout, but as ESS (presumably) only dropped battery deliberately, was the 50mS a necessary setting on the line card, or simply a permissible setting but ESS still gave the full 500mS drop?

Second, and perhaps more simply, how often did customers specify the steady hold light rather than wink?