Originally posted by CnGRacin:
Originally posted by Phony McRingring:
[b] I am the outside tech for at&t. I proved it is intermittantly not working at the oe.
I’m not going to be any help the original problem/question as I’ve never seen intermittent problems with Caller ID… But seems some posters were not familiar with the acronym “OE” … That’s “Office Equipment.” (Also known in some parts as LEN.) It’s the line side port of the C. O. switch. Testing there does remove all cable and cable length concerns. [/b]
I must agree. There have been WAY too many posts to a legitimate topic with customer-premise or OSP wiring suggestions. Come on guys, read the entire thread before you throw in less than two cents worth. A problem tested at the CO main frame pretty much rules out "CAT5" station wiring BS suggestions (that was an exaggeration). A CO main frame is nothing like a few blocks placed on the wall for a key system by any stretch of the imagination. Please read the entire thread before you post; you aren't helping anybody by tossing in Community College Telecom 101 suggestions to a seasoned telco technician.

It's great to offer assistance, but some posts in this thread are clearly indicative of no prior review. Rest assured, a telco technician with 40 years' experience doesn't need to be told to "test it at the demarc".

I will say that the Siemens ESWD does have a mind of it's own. I will also say that I've heard from a few local Verizon techs in this area that phantom problems seem to be shelf-related if that offers any help. If the OE used for replacement is in the same shelf or bay, the problem will continue.

Is this a stand-alone or a remote? A question worth asking.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX