I know exactly what you are talking about. That's the kind of situation you have with open areas and machines like in machine shops etc. Power is on the ceiling with SOT or SJ cord drops down to the machines with, like you say, Kellems grips at the ceiling to support the cable.

I think because data drops are new to this type of installation nothing has been invented for this yet- and that's mostly because CGs usually have little if any mechanical aptitude so they wouldn't even understand the problem.

So this is something that is ripe for a solution. I think what I would do is experiment with making a bale- similar the the loop on the Kellams, probably out of something like #8 dropped ceiling support wire. Then you have to figure a way to attach it to the CAT cable without deforming it, which I think ty-raps will do.

I know that we used to have in the CATV industry spiral grips for unmessengered RG-59 cable to grab the ends at the pole and at the house. We stopped using them because they distorted the cable. frown

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.