Thanks for the comments so far.
We don't want it to just hang from the plug, that will be a problem like Sam and Hal mentioned.
But, we don't want to run a conduit or pole vertical. We have had that in some areas and it is a problem when we add or move machines around. We also had track mounted on the floor and that is a problem as well.
We will run conduit to boxes mounted on the ceiling in several locations. When we move machines around we will be able to just move the plug to another jack. Maybe we can come out of the box, route the cable through something like Fletcher posted, then down? I thought there might be something like the kellem for cat cable. These are network connections for wide format printers, FDM rapid prototypers, laser cutters, stuff like that.
At any rate, I want to avoid a stick farm of vertical conduits, but don't want a bunch of janky looking cat spaghetti either. At some point I will have to compromise.

We have over head power for a lot of our conventional machines coming from above and the electrical wire is supported by kellems. Of course, that is big wire, usually 3 phase, so it hangs straight and looks industrial. The aesthetic police here like the industrial look for our building.

Again, thanks for commenting.