OK, I was at a customer who asked me to add a phone to a group and make it the same as the rest. They had three appearances of CO lines on them and I noticed that only one of the pre-existing phones had ringing set on these lines so I set up the new phones with these lines and other features but activated ringing for the lines on all four phones, everything seemed to work fine.

I got a call the following week that calls stopped forwarding to VM so I played around and noticed that as soon as I add ringing for those lines on more than one phone that it stops following VM forwarding.

So I went back there yesterday to expect to fix a forwarding issue and that I would be out of there in 20 mins but once I looked at it I realized it would need to be set up differently.

In this type of situation what I normally do is set the CO line to ring to a PhDN 5xx number and set that to CFNA to VM with the code of the mailbox on it and then program the PhDN to display on the phones. Everything was working when I programmed it on x205, with the exception of one of three VM ID Codes #656 not forwarding to the mbx greeting. Anyway I program the PhDN on the other phones and it stops forwarding again. It seems to be that it can only ring one phone otherwise forwarding breaks, that just doesn't seem right to me.

I used *81/*87 to point the CO to the PhDN, then 39 to assign the PhDN on the phones but unless I enabled ringing by using 81/89 the PhDN on the phones just didn't ring. Oh, also *33 to assign the PhDN owner.

Is there something I am missing? surely there must be.

Cheers for looking,

Tony.