Business Phone Systems

Support Service-Disabled Veterans!
Discount software from Direct Deals
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OK, I was at a customer who asked me to add a phone to a group and make it the same as the rest. They had three appearances of CO lines on them and I noticed that only one of the pre-existing phones had ringing set on these lines so I set up the new phones with these lines and other features but activated ringing for the lines on all four phones, everything seemed to work fine.

I got a call the following week that calls stopped forwarding to VM so I played around and noticed that as soon as I add ringing for those lines on more than one phone that it stops following VM forwarding.

So I went back there yesterday to expect to fix a forwarding issue and that I would be out of there in 20 mins but once I looked at it I realized it would need to be set up differently.

In this type of situation what I normally do is set the CO line to ring to a PhDN 5xx number and set that to CFNA to VM with the code of the mailbox on it and then program the PhDN to display on the phones. Everything was working when I programmed it on x205, with the exception of one of three VM ID Codes #656 not forwarding to the mbx greeting. Anyway I program the PhDN on the other phones and it stops forwarding again. It seems to be that it can only ring one phone otherwise forwarding breaks, that just doesn't seem right to me.

I used *81/*87 to point the CO to the PhDN, then 39 to assign the PhDN on the phones but unless I enabled ringing by using 81/89 the PhDN on the phones just didn't ring. Oh, also *33 to assign the PhDN owner.

Is there something I am missing? surely there must be.

Cheers for looking,

Tony.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

look at *71-*73

That's it?
Boy, it doesn't sound at all that it would help here but I will certainly give it a try. I'm assuming that i just press the side button 1-20 on the port that needs to ring 000-019 then page up/down for the next group.

I guess the last system I tried this on must have had these all assigned alread since it just worked.

Thanks again...
T.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
If you want the phDN to ring you will need *71-*73.

So i dont need to set anything in 81-87?
When the line rings to the PhDN it shows "LINE XX Ringing". So it will still ring even though 81-87 are completely blank?

Sorry for asking twice but just want to make sure.

Tony.

Ok guys, I was able to get out to the customer and try this and think it may be a limitation on the system or something. If I program the PhDN on the phones I can call the PhDN and they all ring but when I set *81 and *87 to have the CO ring to the PhDN it only flashes on the phones and does not ring.

The only way that I can get the CO line to ring is to use prg 81 and 87 to enable ringing on the phones but if I allow the CO line to ring on more than one of the phones the call forward to VM quits working.

I'm stumped...

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Program *81 to the PhDN, then *71 to ring the PhDN on all the phones that have the appearance of that PhDN. Then program 81-87 as usual.

That's pretty much what I have:
*81 - CO 014 to PhDN 514
*71 - PhDN 514 to ring on 290/291/292/249

When I call 514 from another phone the PhDN rings on all of the above phones.

When I call the CO line phone number the PhDN button flashes but does not ring.

Then when I use 81 to add ringing for CO 014 to x290/291/292/249 the PhDN button on the phone rings but does not forward to VM. (I have used #603 from the PhDN to fwd to VM).

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
So to verify... you have it ringing where you want it, but are not able to forward the call to VM?

Verify that you are doing forwarding from the owner of the PhDN.

- Tony
Ohio Data LLC
Phone systems, data networks, firewalls and servers in Central Ohio.
Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected.
Thanks Tony... yes and yes...

It is ringing where I want it and I have set the forwarding from the PhDN owner. If this is the only phone I set to ring then the forwarding works but as soon as I add a second phone to ring the forwarding stops and gives RNA.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Topics
New chat forum
by metelcom - 09/26/24 12:26 PM
CO assignment to station key
by SamL - 09/20/24 09:05 AM
SV9100 Yesterday's technology today...
by Carl Navarro - 09/19/24 08:29 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,402
Posts639,369
Members49,808
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Newest Members
DavidMirror, Si-14 LLC, SamL, xsh74, LukeE.
49,808 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
dexman 10
teleco 5
R4+Z 5
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, Si-14 LLC), 257 guests, and 164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998 - 2024