More servers isn't really a bad thing. Having a 'Publisher' server and a 'Subscriber' server could be viewed as the equivalent of redundant CPUs in a traditional system. Adding another server for voicemail is not unlike most traditional systems. Then, yes, you can add even more servers for additional 'features'. But those additional features would require additional hardware in a traditional system too, if those features are available at all.

By the way, a server is a pretty inexpensive piece of equipment in the grand scheme of things.

My experience has been primarily Norstar and BCM. I remember the days when losing a harddrive just meant that voicemail was going to be down for a day or two. Now, on BCM50, you lose the harddrive and you've lost EVERYTHING. The BCM could benefit from an additional 'server'.

The model for 'traditional systems' is looking more and more like the Cisco model. The more that happens, the more I like Cisco. Afterall, THEY have the grandfather rights in that area.

All IMHO, of course. :thumb:

Marty Beutler
Follow me on my quest to webify all of us at Webify.Us
--> Providing Business Relevance for Web 2.0 Technologies