Thanks for your help and sorry for the delay --- was traveling.

Dane: I was able to change from 107 to 108 with no problem. Also, the extension (61320) was already built in form 12 and form 34.

Connecting a laptop locally will be a problem -- on the road for a few more weeks. BUT -- I can get in via VPN... tried to telnet to the IP --- but am getting rejected on port 23. Rookie question: How can I telnet to a specific port, and is that port 61320? I tried: telnet x.x.x.x:61320 and it still rejected from port 23.

Fifty: all was already programmed like you'd outlined... only oddity was that on form 12, DTE was the same as for Voice Mail (1). Tried to delete that option and got message saying "attempting update/delete of a device that is currently in use".

Is there any value to just deleting all the PMS configs completely and re-entering them? My other thought MAYBE the PMS app doesn't know the correct IP of the iPocket to direct its traffic to... the iPocket is "talking" to the PBX... as evidenced by the message saying "Connected to x.x.x.x (IP of PBX) when I reboot the iPocket.

Your help is VERY GREATLY appreciated!!!