Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#9247 01/11/06 12:53 PM
OP Offline
Hey guys -

I have been lurking on this site for some time and enjoy and respect much of what I read. I however now am looking to be a little more active.

We are looking into picking up another product. We currently sell Vodavi (our flagship product), but also sell the Avaya Partner ACS, Nortel MICS, and Comdial FXII. We do very little of the Avaya and Nortel and feel we need something to fit the need of customers in the 50-250 user size. The Vodavi does this well, but as you all know one product doesn't fit all customers.

Any thoughts and or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Not that it make a big deal but we do a fair amount of VoIP applications.

Thanks

Mike

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#9248 01/11/06 01:46 PM
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Mike;

I agree with you on your thoughts. From what I have seen around here, it seems that NEC is looking better and better. Will you be at the Vodavi conference in April?

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
#9249 01/11/06 02:06 PM
OP Offline
Ed -

I think I will. I was very impressed with many of the other dealers. I was hoping to spend more time meeting with you but things didn't workout that way.

I had been going to the Comdial meetings for many years and I liked the Vodavi format better. I just wish dealers would not fear each other as much as they do and realize that we have more to offer each other that to fear.

We partner with many companies and believe that is the key to our success. Hopefully we can get together in Arizona, I would like that.

As far as NEC TSM/BlackBox is the player here are their any others. I also am looking for a product that is not over saturated with vendors, like AVAYA and NORTEL. Hell they don't need competitors they can compete with each other all day. We probably have 20 companies in the area that sell and service both those lines.

#9250 01/11/06 03:08 PM
Admin
Admin
PhoneGuy
Check this out it may fit just what you want. Have 40 and 80 port cabinets stackable to 320 ports. I've sold it for 10 years and prefer it over my other brands (Panasonic, NEC)

https://www.transtelcommunications.com/main/freedocs/dl/TransTel-TDS-Brochure.pdf

Merritt

Business Telephones & Equipment + Commercial Audio/Video Products
Commercial Communications . . . Turner, Maine
If it was built after 1980 don't expect it to work right.
#9251 01/12/06 01:06 AM
OP Offline
Merritt -

Thanks I will take a look.

Mike

#9252 01/12/06 01:44 AM
Well, I am not sure about your area....but down here NEC and Panasonic dealers are a dime a dozen. Seriously, I can think of 7 within a 10 mile radius of me right now. Talk about over saturation of the market. In on ejob I went into there were 4 dealers in the ring (including me) and all of the other three were quoting NEC.

If I were you I would look at something that is different from what you already offer, or at least something that can DO a special feature. NEC and Panasonic are too close to your Vodavi and Comdial products. I would maybe look at Tadiran. They have a great product line, truly solid. The Tadiran IPX line and older Corals have some really unique features that are not offered on most other systems out there. One that comes to mind is dual ringing to the desk top and a cell phone (or whatever phone you want really)- with the ability to transfer the call back to the office from your cell phone....and all missed calls go to your desk phone voice mail, not your cell phone.

Look areound, but make sure to get a product that is different or at least offers something that the others do not.

Steve

#9253 01/13/06 09:16 AM
Some names that come to mind for smaller applications are Zultys or Centrepoint/Talkswitch.
John

Beer, sure I'll try one
#9254 01/13/06 12:27 PM
OP Offline
We have already looked at Intertel - Mitel and I have Samsung coming in this week. I know ESI is out there but there is already a good presence in this area.

#9255 01/21/06 03:38 PM
Phoneguy:

Take a look at ESI. www.esi-estech.com
I think that they are definately worth the look. We were a long, long time Toshiba dealer, and brought ESI in for small and mid-sized requirements and I have to say we are really pleased with the company and the product. We're selling them like hotcakes!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
#9256 01/24/06 02:17 PM
OP Offline
Jim -

I have briefly looked at the ESI and am still doing some due dilegence with them. Is it true that they are a install and walk away type product. I have heard this several times from dealers, and like the sounds of it. I know the AVAYA IP requires a lot of hand holding, not to mention some others. On the smaller side systems there isn't enough money in it to make return trips at no charge.

How long have you been selling ESI? How many a month? Average system size?

Sorry for all the questions.

Mike

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,325
Posts638,978
Members49,779
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,332 Shoretel
190,598 CTX100 install
189,080 1a2 system
Newest Members
Rupert, igor11176, hamishegg, Rphoneguy, Kahm310
49,779 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 16
Rupert 7
tim10 5
lyte 4
dexman 3
jsaad 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 94 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024