Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
kingtel Offline OP
OP Offline
Looking for advice.

I have a client whose needs to rent a small key system for 30 to 90 days. Configeration would be 6 lines with 8 to 12 phones.
I'm looking for some opinions on what a fair charge for ksu and set rental would be. I have not done rentals in years, so not familiar with that market.
If they do not require voice mail, I'll use a shelf stock Merlin + or small Ledgend KSU with BIS-10 sets.
If Vmail is required, a Panasonic 624 with TVS-50.

What are some of your rental rates for like or similar temporary systems?

Appreciate any info and suggestions.

Thank you,

Rich

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Admin
Admin
Typically prices are not discussed in the open forum to prevent bidding wars. You can't compare prices in different regions fairly. What is appropriate in Washington may be unheard of in larger cities. That results in all customers thinking they should get it for this price or less because "I saw it on the Internet." You should find what your area will support.

[Linked Image]
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
We used to do a lot of rentals for political campaigns and traveling TV production companies. It worked OK, but still we decided not to do it anymore because of the lack of skills that these temporary people have. They drove us crazy with "it doesn't work" service calls.

When we did do short-term rentals, we didn't sell ourselves short. We determined a fair amount to charge that would cover our costs only, then divide that amount into the number of months desired. Since we got to keep the equipment at the end, that was our profit because we could clean it up and sell it as used. Half the time, the phones came back so beat up that we ended up losing out on the deal.

With rentals, ALWAYS set a firm start and end date. If they aren't ready for you to remove it, then you are entitled to collect another month's payment. Don't be shy; you did something to help a customer out and they will likely understand.

Like RBF said, we aren't able to discuss specific pricing, but hopefully these little tidbits might help you out.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Also think like the rental car places do. Have the client document the condition of the equipment with you and clearly define how the equipment must be returned, in like condition short of any "normal" wear and tear.
I have done rentals in the past and you would be surprised how quickly the telephone sets can get destroyed, especially cosmetically.

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,306
Posts638,894
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,987 Shoretel
190,166 CTX100 install
188,349 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
teleco 6
dexman 6
dans 5
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 85 guests, and 32 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024