Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#6853 08/05/05 08:11 PM
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
One of the things I liked about the Sidekick over the Blackberry is the REAL web browser. The only downside to it besides the size is that they didn't integrate JAVA into it, so some sites can't be viewed. It's been very nice to have for the most part though. It comes in handy for many things. Also, the unlimited data makes it even better, because I don't have to feel like I need to limit my browsing, text messages, emails, or anything. Then my voice plan is large enough that I have never even come close to going over. I think for the money it's a pretty good solution. One other really cool thing is that all of my info (calendar, contacts, to-do list, notes, email, etc.) is actually stored on their server, that I can access from a web interface from a PC, and even use Intellisync to sync with Outlook. The cool thing about it all being stored on their server is that what's on my phone is only a replication of what's on the server. If I lose my phone, or something happens to it, all I have to do is get a replacement and everything is there. Nothing is lost!

------------------
[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
| Signal Communication Systems - Fresno, CA |

| Telephone Systems, Voicemail Syste... & Data Cabling - Central Valley, CA

[This message has been edited by 5years&counting (edited August 06, 2005).]

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#6854 08/06/05 05:40 AM
I'm not sure for individual users, but since our company uses the Blackberry Enterprise Server software, all ours have a true html compliant browser on them as well as that piece of junk one that came with it. I just hate the palmOS touch-screen interface. Always have. The wheel on the blackberry works well, but I'm sure they'll improve it over time, it's still relatively new to the market.

#6855 08/15/05 04:48 PM
RICK Offline OP
OP Offline
Well,

Bought the Palm Treo 650, wow- great features,
but you were right the keyboard/keypad are not easy to use while driving, I think I cut off most of my calls today. Ordered a Bluetooth headset, will try that. thanks for all the input.

Rick

#6856 08/18/05 08:02 AM
Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
Well now that you bought the Treo let me tell you a story about what happened to me this last weekend.

I was going out of town and it kind of just popped into my head "my phone hasn't been ringing". so I quick called into the office to check my messages and sure enough my phone didn't work. No outbound or inbound calls. No problem I am right down the road from a Verizon store (the company that sold me the phone). I walk in there thinking this would be a no brainer as I have only had the phone for a few months and because of the cost of the phone I pay for the monthly insurance. I get to the counter and the girl doesn't even talk to me for 10 seconds. "You need to call this number for tech support." I said "how can I do that when my phone doesn't work?" She was "kind enough" to let me use the store phone but she was visibly annoyed. I call the number and they tell me that the phone needs to be repaired. So I said to the store rep "my phone needs to be repaired but I need somthing for this weekend as it is 5:00 on a Friday." She then tells me that the only way I can get a phone is if I buy it at full retail price. Otherwise I would have to wait until they could send out a replacement and that could take 3-5 days.

I am very upset at this point and talk to about four people in the store. No one will budge. So I had to buy another phone. I got the 650. $500 retail. They said I could return it. But I think that is just poor customer service. I called the customer service number and the guy told me "that if his TV broke he wouldn't call the cable company he would buy another one from Best Buy." I could not believe that this is the stance that they take with their customers, after all they are the ones that sold me the phone even though it is made by Palm.

Anyway they are sending me a refurb phone in the mail. I just hope that this 650 doesn't fall off a bridge before I return it to the store.

Am I out of line?

Call us for Iwatsu in Chicago!!! www.wiilcom.com
#6857 08/18/05 03:31 PM
RCA Offline
No your not out of line and i feel your frustration. Are you dealing with Sprint or Verizon? I have a backup phone for just this reason.

Edited: Nevermind, I reread your post and saw you have Verizon.

[This message has been edited by RCA (edited August 18, 2005).]

Rhett
#6858 08/21/05 01:17 PM
RICK Offline OP
OP Offline
You are correct, cell phone companies are very difficult to deal with, that's why I dropped Sprint like a Hot Potato. I don't buy the insurance from these stores for that reason, And so far although I am impressed with the Treo 650 features, Verizon Voice quality in my area is quite poor. Hard to run a Phone Business while on a poor quality cell phone.

Rick

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,306
Posts638,894
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,938 Shoretel
190,114 CTX100 install
188,323 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
teleco 6
dexman 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 65 guests, and 37 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024