web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
The devices in question are likely MDPM's. Modem Data Port Modules are a device that connect to a digital phone and provide single-line dial tone with its own extension and so forth. Find the digital phones that the MDPM's are connected to and see if there is a little box plugged into the phone and that it has AC power.
You find which phone has the MDPM from the port number. So if the MDPM has a port number of 01.01.01.02, that means it's plugged into 01.01.01.01.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
The phone in question is our Receptionists phone, I am headed down now to look.

EnerconIT
OP Offline
There are no other physical devices attached to the Receptionist's line other than the 3 panel "switch board" that she uses to transfer calls. DND ON suggested they were MDPM Analog Phantom's.

EnerconIT
So there's no way that the DSS units were recently deployed or that some work was done in or around the reception phone?

OP Offline
These units have been in place since I started around 5 years ago and I'm sure they have been there for a while previous to my start. The setup down there is a 550.4500 Executive phone with 3 DSS panels attached via ribbon cable. There are no other pieces of hardware attached. Neither my supervisor or myself have changed anything in DB Studio, wiring, etc., the "park destinations" simply stopped working.

Are you familiar with the MDPM phantom analog's that DND ON mentioned?

EnerconIT
Yes. In order for the PBX to think they are plugged in, they need to be plugged into a phone.

Does your PBX have any available single-line extensions? If you have a couple unused SL extensions, you could program them for park locations.

An MDPM phantom can be programmed, and recognized by the system, even if the physical hardware was never installed.

It's possible that it will work forever with no problem, or just suddenly stop working for no reason.

The extensions associated w\ an MDPM will show as unplugged if the MDPM is not plugged into the phone, which is the exact symptom described in this post.

I suppose you could trick the PCDPM into thinking the MDPM is plugged in, maybe by shorting pins or something but that would be beyond my knowledge.

Couldn't he just program a dummy single line card in the system, make two dummy extensions and then extension swap the 2 that are the call park ones?

Still if it was me, I'd do the DISA thing, first.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,326
Posts638,990
Members49,781
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,445 Shoretel
190,720 CTX100 install
189,206 1a2 system
Newest Members
wierderal, dante2, Rupert, igor11176, hamishegg
49,781 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 11
Rupert 7
tim10 5
lyte 4
dexman 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 100 guests, and 93 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024