Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#67232 03/09/12 04:07 AM
OP Offline
Hello all,

I would like to begin by saying I have found several solutions to other problems on this site and I find it to be very useful. Also, I am not a phone system expert, but i have a decent understanding of the software. Here is my problem, we have an Inter-Tel phone system version 8.225t with program version 8.224. Within the last week or so, our Receptionist has not been able to transfer calls to our Call Park destinations of 101 and 102. When she receives a call, whether internal or external, and transfers the call to either destination, the display says "Pickup 1(2) is unplugged" The call then gets bounced back to the receptionist. These destinations have never had phones plugged into them that I am aware of. We have not made any changes in the software or in the wiring.

Can someone point me in the right direction to begin troubleshooting this issue.

My thanks in advance for any/all help. help

EnerconIT
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
Bump

EnerconIT
If you have DID's, program one of them to ring DISA, log into the dummy extensions and then do the default station feature code.

OP Offline
Thank you for your reply. These two "Call Park" extensions do not have a dial in destination. Maybe a better description will help. These "park destinations" work as follows. Someone calls our main line asking to speak with an employee who does not have an extension, the receptionist transfers the call to hold to park destination 101. She then pages said employee stating they have a call holding on 101. Said employee walks to the nearest phone, hits the "Pickup" key and dials 101 to receive the call.

This just recently stopped working correctly and i do not know why since we have not made any changes.

Thanks again for any/all help.

EnerconIT
Yeah but that the thing. I'm assuming you are using a dummy or phantom extension, sending the call to ring that 'extension' as a 'park' then the users push that pickup button which is really a reverse transfer or whatever its called from the ringing extension. Intertel doesn't have call park. It's normally done with a workaround in the way I described.
'Unplugged' means yes it is an extension whether its on a dummy non-existent card in your system or a circuit that doesn't have a phone on it.
I've seen problems that didn't make sense, that default station fixed.
If someone inadvertently changed the programming of one of those dummies, it won't show up in programming when you look at it. It will only show what the admin programmed (unless you turn on online monitor and you don't want to do that).
Thats why I'm saying if it was me, I would default it through DISA. Or, if its just on a card without a phone, connect a phone to 101 and 102 and do default-station., first.
Good luck!

OP Offline
Ok, so I'm beginning to think I don't know as much about our phone system as I previously thought. I can see the extensions in DB Studio. They are Single Line extensions which tells me they are analog and not digital endpoints. All of our digital endpoints have addresses like the following: 01:01.01.01 , 01:01:02:01, 01:01.03.01 through 01:19.16.01. However, these single line endpoints (101&102)are like this 01:01.01.02 and 01:01.02.02 respectively, and are the only extensions with this type of address, all other analog lines have .01 as the last number. I have tried to swap extensions with a phone at an empty desk in our office to attempt the Default Station feature code and i get an error stating "Conflicting Extension" Is there a way to apply a feature code through DB Programming?

Thanks again for your help and patience.

EnerconIT
Those are MDPM analog phantoms, and you are officially in over your head.

OP Offline
Well I can't disagree with you that I may be in over my head, but you couldn't be any more helpful than that DND ON? I've seen several posts where you have been extremely helpful, as well as Stix 1 and I really was hoping one of you would check out my post and give me some guidance. I may not be an expert, but I am not completely clueless.

EnerconIT
Sorry if it sounded like I was taking a cheap shot; that wasn’t my intention.

I’ve spent hours troubleshooting the exact issue that you’re describing, and haven’t found a remedy that works reliably. Your system was programmed to recognize hardware that doesn’t physically exist, as a workaround for a feature that isn’t available at that software release. When it suddenly stops working, it really sucks to figure out why.

While I do try to help folks when I can, and gratefully accept help when I need it, there are sometime limits as to the problems this type of forum can resolve.

OP Offline
I appreciate your further explanation. I realize now that if you have had trouble fixing this I am definitely in over my head and will likely call our phone guys to come in and fix this. I have been trying to do more phone system fixes in house to save the company some money, with no formal training. I have been using admin guides and this forum and have had success with the majority of issues that we experience.

Thanks again.

EnerconIT
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,326
Posts638,990
Members49,781
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,445 Shoretel
190,721 CTX100 install
189,207 1a2 system
Newest Members
wierderal, dante2, Rupert, igor11176, hamishegg
49,781 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 11
Rupert 7
tim10 5
lyte 4
whoami 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 103 guests, and 86 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024