Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
bg6214 Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a 5-cabinet Axxess ATM setup, version 11.0

We have a need to send our 4-digit extension as caller ID when the call stays internal, so I have entered those in the Station Calling Party Number field. When dialing an outbound call that will go out via one of our carrier PRIs, I want the Trunk Group Calling Party Number to override the Station Calling Party Number. Is that possible? I tested, and currently the Station Calling Party Number if populated overrides the Trunk one.

Thanks for any help.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Inter-Tel
Moderator-Inter-Tel
The Calling Party Number field is only for outgoing calls and the station one will override the trunk group one. For internal calls, you should just change the Username on the station to be the 4-digit extension.

bg6214 Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Stix1 for the reply. We have our Inter-Tel connected to Office Communicator via a NET Gateway. At this time, the majority of users are on the Inter-Tel, but 10% have OCS phones. Migrating to the OCS side slowly. We are trying to make the transition easier by sending the extension broadcast as the Caller ID when it uses those "private" trunk groups between Inter-Tel and OCS. The Inter-Tel calling an OCS user is an outbound call as far as the Inter-Tel knows. When the call truly does go outbound to one of our carrier PRIs, I want it to be our main telephone number. I am guessing it won't do that. You can't have the trunk group CPN override the station CPN?

Generally, there are two options for generating Caller ID for calls routed over the PRI. The number can be sent from the PBX or by the carrier. Normally, we use Calling Party Number on the PBX, to allow some flexibility. In your situation, it might make sense for the carrier to provide the Caller ID.

Each carrier has a different term for the feature, so explain carefully what you want. There should be no problem in getting it changed.

Obviously, all calls placed on the PRI would have the same Caller ID – including any fax machines. I’m not sure how many PRIs you have, but maybe one could be left as Calling Party Number, and you route calls needing a different Caller ID over that circuit.

bg6214 Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok. I had that as an option, calling the carrier to have our main number locked in as the outgoing number, and not let us broadcast. Just wanted to see if I could do it without involving them. Thanks again.

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,325
Posts638,975
Members49,779
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,307 Shoretel
190,591 CTX100 install
189,065 1a2 system
Newest Members
Rupert, igor11176, hamishegg, Rphoneguy, Kahm310
49,779 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
Rupert 7
tim10 5
lyte 4
whoami 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 90 guests, and 29 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024