Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#604444 10/04/16 05:39 PM
OP Offline
Hi,

I have a DNI card with 2 digital phones and a console, randomly they go into a cannot communicate mode. All other phones (ONS) work fine. slots 1-8 on bay 1 are ONS. On bay 2 slot 1 is DNI, slot 2 is LS/GS and slot 5 is T1. Any suggestions? And if there is a Denver tech on here please PM me, I need a tech to dispatch.

Dan

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

1. The rule of thumb for ML/EL is DO NOT POPULATE slot 8 in Bay 1.

2. In maintenance, check your error logs. See if the errors are with the digital sets or the HDLC. If it's the HDLC, you may have a flaky bay control card.

3. As in any digital phone setup, check that the station cables have not been compromised.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
OP Offline
Thanks Rcaman,
I will move ONS 8 to slot 4 of bay 2, easy enough. I am having the tech inspect the line cord back, I have a feeling there is a green corroded mod end or jack involved here. System stays up for a day or so, then the card dies. I though Bay Control, but the T1 stays up and rooms can call in/out. Just the DNI wigs out.

In maintenance, select Reports then Show, Errors, Device Type, Digital Sets and then write down the report and then select HDLC and write down that report. From the HDLC, you will see which Bay Control is causing problems, if that's the case. If you have a lot of errors in the Digital Set report, then that pretty much narrows it down to bad card, slot, or station cable.

The T1 card in the ML should be independent of the Bay Control card function with the bay as in the EL/ML, the T1 is it's own Bay. What that means is the T1 can still function even when the Bay Control is throwing errors into the system. This is really a problem if your Bay Control is a BCCIII.

I have also had a bad power supply mimic a bad Bay Control card. It's weird. It looks like it's working, but it will cause all kinds of weird problems. I think, by the age, the filter capacitors are drying up and too much ripple is getting into the system. Try a Bay Power Supply swap, too.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
OP Offline
Im gonna have to take a trip to Denver, I cannot find a company that isnt too busy or is qualified. I appreciate the advice.

OP Offline
Rcaman,

Looks like a firmware mis-match. I made it to site and watched error logs and I got "excessive messaging. set removed from service". Cannot believe the local techs in Denver couldn't noodle this one through. They need to a minimum revision of 4.6 for the White DNIC and at least 2.5 for the Blue DNIC. Mine are white and 3.2 and 3.8, unbelievable....

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,315
Posts638,929
Members49,775
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,136 Shoretel
190,334 CTX100 install
188,719 1a2 system
Newest Members
Kahm310, PeterG, lyte, 4thright, dcl
49,775 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
dans 4
lyte 4
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 191 guests, and 103 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024