web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Tekamba Offline OP
OP Offline
I have been reading through the manual and looking over the web interface and can't seem to put 2 and 2 together. I am sure it is right in front of me and I can't seem to see the forest for the trees so thought I would just ask here.

Callers call in, auto attendant answers and gives them the standard message, WHERE in the web interface do I program the options? Press 1 for this, press 2 for that, etc.

And then, where is the value and how is it configured to define a call group? For example, when a caller presses 1 we want extensions 100, 102, 105, and 110 to ring.

Either how to do these steps or which section in the manual discusses it (I have the IP F&O manual, if there is another I'd appreciate any links).

TIA!

Greg

Greg Hicks
Tekamba Computers, LLC
[email protected]
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
What system? Summit? Sbx? Mbx? Typically this is called CCR programming...Custom Call Routing. For the option you want you would create a station group, say a ring all, and that group has a number which is assigned in CCR to the digit you want to take callers to the group.

Last edited by Derrick; 03/17/16 12:27 PM.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
Tekamba Offline OP
OP Offline
Sorry, yes it is a Summit system. Search in manual for CCR returned Caller Controlled Routing, reading through that section to try to get this configured.
Thanks

Greg Hicks
Tekamba Computers, LLC
[email protected]
Tekamba Offline OP
OP Offline
OK, I think I have it figured out, just wanted to see if someone could confirm that I have the right areas

First create a Station Group (PGM-190) and set a group number listing the phones that they would like to ring when a caller presses an assigned digit

Then on the CCR Table (PGM-228) under the Attribute choose the digit desired (1 Destination) set Type to Station Group and enter the Group number from the above step.

That should then cause the extensions assigned in the first step ring when the caller presses the digit assigned in the second step if I figured this out correctly.

Thanks everyone! I have another question, but I'll post that as a new item to keep things straight.

Greg Hicks
Tekamba Computers, LLC
[email protected]

Moderated by  EV607797, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,306
Posts638,894
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,921 Shoretel
190,093 CTX100 install
188,316 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
teleco 6
dexman 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 54 guests, and 31 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024