TelcoBoy
Unregistered
TelcoBoy
Unregistered
Hello,
I am new to this forum.
Wow, congradulations...

I live in the Montréal, Québec area and would like to find
a technician willing to help me setup my 1A2 515 KSU.

I use to be not so bad with the old Shoebox but that was in the old times...

I would like to wire two phones and two analogue lines to my KSU.

I miss the sound of those buzzers !

Thats for your help!

TelcoBoy

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Telcoboy,

Don't be too discouraged if you can't find a tech willing to help you wire up a 515. Many interconnects simply no longer handle 1A2, others that do won't touch residential work [for a variety of reasons].

The good news is, I am almost certain that the folks on this forum can help you get hooked up. Providing detailed information to users of modern systems is discouraged here, but 1A2 is different, mainly because it is seen so rarely anymore in a commercial setting. This forum has more 1A2 experts than you will find anywhere else on the web, and they are always willing to help.

Start by grabbing some documentation for your system:

https://www.telephonecollectors.inf...14-515-type-ksus-connections-maintenance

Lots more good stuff at:

https://www.telephonecollectors.info/

Take a look at the docs, and then feel free to ask questions here. You may need to post some pics of your equipment, if there is anything unusual going on such as previous modifications to the wiring.

I am not a 1A2 expert by any means, but if I needed help with one, this is the place!

Good luck in your endeavors,

Jim Bennett
==================================================
"He who throws mud only loses ground." -Fat Albert

TelcoBoy
Unregistered
TelcoBoy
Unregistered
Hello Jim,

Thanks alot for your response.

In the 80's I was able to work with my 1A2 Old Shoe Box. I think it was a 512 or 513 if I recall.

Now with this new KSU I bought on eBay, I am lost.

Actually I just need to get a good detailed description of the two or three 66 blocks located in the KSU.

Stephane

Stephane:

The shoebox is a 551 KSU. The theory of operation and wiring is almost identical in a 513/514/515 KSU.

You need to look at the BSP (518 - 215 - 405) and then find the incoming T&R terminals for the slot(s) that you intend to use, and then find the output T,R,A,A1,LG and L leads for those slots.

Check out the diagram on page 27 and you should be able to see enough info for a couple of CO lines.

Do a Google search for the following "BSP 515 KSU TCI"

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
The 515 was the predecessor to later ComKey designs with regard to KSUs. They were truly meant to be goof-proof. There is no doubt that following the aforementioned BSPs will put you on the right path. As Jim said, we do love to play with this stuff and make it work magic, so you have found the right place for support.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
TelcoBoy
Unregistered
TelcoBoy
Unregistered
Wow,
Thanks guys!

I really appreciate your support.

I wanted to post pictures of my setup so you guys could really see what my KSU really is but don't know how.

I thought that I could just download them to this post but seems that I need a server running to do so and I don't.

Is there another way to do this?

Thanks

RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
put your photos on Photo bucket or any other online free hosting site then you can post the URL here and the pics will show up

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
TelcoBoy
Unregistered
TelcoBoy
Unregistered
Hi guys,
I am about ready to install my 1A2 KSU.

I have a few questions.

1. What is my KSU type? Is it a 515?

2. I have an eveloppe with fuses. Are all the fuses already in the KSU or do I have to add them?

3. There are two 66 blocks and one small block. This is where I am lost. In my old shoe box there was one 66 block and it was easy but now !!

Can someone explain to me where the T R, A A1, L LG and R RC are located? Even with the Bell System Practises papers I have a hard time understanding.

I also added a picture of all the cards installed in the KSU. Will I be able to wire analogue stations from my Nortel BCM50 on
some of these cards?

Thanks for your help guys...

By the way I have added a picture of my Telco room. Feel free to comment!

Thanks,

https://s271.photobucket.com/user/telcoboy/slideshow/

Telcoboy

In the BSP that I suggested that you download, in Figure 1, you will see that you have a 513 type KSU. The right hand side expansion unit is a 514, and the entire assembly is called a 515.

The fuses are to be installed on the fuse block at the top of the unit.

In the BSP, Figure 3 shows the names and placement of the three 66-type blocks. This diagram shows you what they look like, where they are, and how to count the pins.

In Figure 8, it shows you where the T,R,A1,A,LG & L leads are terminated for each line.

Only telephones designed to work with this system will work. They are 565, 2565, 831, 2831, 851, 2851, etc, WE or equivalent 1A2 key telephones. Single-line (500- and 2500-type) telephones will work, if they are converted for A-lead control. What type phones are you planning to use?

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"

https://seriss.com/people/erco/1a2/2564-pinout.html

This is a really useful printout I used for wiring my KSU.

Scott

Tennessee Technology Solutions, LLC | "Business technology solutions reimagined." | (423) 665-9995 | www.423tech.com
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  ChrisRR, EV607797, Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,292
Posts638,825
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,500 Shoretel
189,248 CTX100 install
187,589 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 28
teleco 8
dexman 6
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (hbiss), 103 guests, and 80 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024