web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
sbdcomm Offline OP
OP Offline
One of my customers moved into a building where the previous owner left behind their IVX E Class Gen II. I defaulted the system, and did my feature button mapping. I then proceeded to the analog line setup. The first three hunt lines are to ring at ext 100 then over to ext 111 on the 4th ring. The 4th & 5th line ring to exts 108 & 106 respectively, and the after the 4th ring, ring to each one's secretary. I programmed that data into the system for each line. For lines 1-3> Ring 1 X100 Ring 3 X100 X111. Did the same for the other two lines. So far, it's still being answered by the auto-attendant, which prompts the caller to dial the extension or dial 0 for the operator. I did check to make sure the programming had been saved.
Another smaller issue I noticed, feature button mapping returns an "Invalid Entry" message when attempting to program in some of the three digit feature codes.

How do I get the AA turned off for live answering?

Vern Hobbs
Seaboard Comm.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Sounds like the system is night mode. To be sure program a day/night keyt at reception so the display will show status.

Brian Dunne
ETC Telecom
www.etctele.com
sbdcomm Offline OP
OP Offline
You are correct, I remember seeing NGT in the display. Why would it default to night mode? I do believe it was like that prior to defaulting. I hope the feature button programs, the other features I tried to program in weren't accepted.
Thanks, I should have caught that,but been a little under the weather this week, not at my best.

Vern

sbdcomm Offline OP
OP Offline
I am unable to program any feature code onto a button. When I enter 560, I just get an "invalid entry" message. I guessing the installation manual left out something....

Vern

OK, Figured it out, Feature Keys can't be programmed while in system programming, go figure.

Last edited by sbdcomm; 01/10/14 02:31 PM.
There's nothing to figure. When the system is in program mode, the processor opens up an input channel for the programming phone to the exclusion of all other inputs. That is to prevent database corruption.

The system is much easier to program using ESI-Access and a computer.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
sbdcomm Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks,

I've looked around to try and find that software, no luck so far.

Vern
[email protected]

Here's the deal. If you are not an ESI dealer, then you are limited to using the phone for programming. If you are trying to do intricate routing, it can be done via phone, but it is really hard and time consuming. Little things can trip you up and make the system act weird. It might be wiser to locate an ESI dealer in your area and pay that dealer to do in 10 minutes what it may take you a whole day to try and accomplish.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,306
Posts638,894
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,988 Shoretel
190,166 CTX100 install
188,349 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
teleco 6
dexman 6
dans 5
jsaad 5
Yoda 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 85 guests, and 39 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024