web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
oobie Offline OP
OP Offline
The Bogen was connected to a Vodavi XTS system for paging and also for a ringer that was a plain old phone(analog extension) that the speaker was tapped off and went into the mic input of the Bogen.

The receptionist would forward her phone to this extension and inter would ring over the page. I actually never new that the speaker was tapped so I had not clue until we did the install for the NEC.

In goes the SV8100 and no worky!! Paging works fine but the analog speaker phone tap doesn't. So I connected the analog port to the night ringer on the Bogen and it will work as long as it is an internal call if it an external call or transferred call the initial ring burst rings over the page but then the cadence changes and it won't ring over the page. NEC says this cannot be changed.

So My question is do you thing that if I tapped the speakers again and put a Bogen WMT-1A in line with the tap to the Mic input would it work?

Thanks in advance guys!

Gary

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

You do know the 8100 can ring over a page port right?

Yeah, ditch that jankey old work around.

D

oobie Offline OP
OP Offline
I have it set that way right now. But we have to change the mode of the system to mode 3 so it changes the ringing of a DID to a different dial action table so there is a digit that would normally ring to the receptionist we change it to rings the IRG and assigned it to 777 for IRG group and Ring over page is part of it.

I'm intrigued guys let me know your thoughts of what to try? Can you forward a phone to a IRG?

I would love to ditch the work around just not fully up to speed on the NEC yet. Tech support has been very helpful

Hey guys I am the sales guy that works with oobie and I want to jump in here just to clarify something...like oobie says its working now over the page via changing the mode of the system but the receptionist is scrolling through 4 modes each time she wants to use this feature and she does it quite a few times each day (busy auto dealership). So it's a pain for her to scroll through all the modes and there is always the chance that an incoming call over the PRI will hit the Auto-Attendant greeting that says that they are closed or, even worse, closed for the holiday!! The customer would really like it to work the way it did on the Vodavi where the receptionist simply pressed a button to forward her phone to the analog port to ring the page then hit the button again to cancel when she is able to start taking calls again. Just wanted to throw the situation out there...
Timbo

This can be done with virtual extension(s) and using a virtual loopback so that the ringing comes over the page and flashes/rings phones. You simply forward your phone to that virtual then. Not quite sure how you are getting holiday messages if your voicemail is setup right. I am assuming your are using an INMAIL?

oobie Offline OP
OP Offline
Coral Tech..

I sent you a PM. Thanks for your replies!! and everyone else as well.

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,306
Posts638,894
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,971 Shoretel
190,154 CTX100 install
188,335 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
teleco 6
dexman 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (hbiss), 65 guests, and 34 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024