Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#551064 05/02/13 04:10 PM
OP Offline
Received an email today from Vertical advising that they would no longer provide free support for the products shown above. They will however provide paid support at the rate of $60/half hour. There is nothing more to say about Vertical.

phoneguy1
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Well, now these forums certainly become more valuable don't they?

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Just this week, I was doing an XTS upgrade and my brain went blank. Ricardo gave me the answer in like, 2 seconds! It was quicker than saying "Duh!" We talked for maybe 2 minutes. a $4 bill wouldn't be bad but I suppose there will be a minimum? Sucks

Derrick, I think you finally have a way to retire and live in your RV. All you need is your smart phone for overhead and one of those little credit card adapters! dbanana

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

You would think they would have to give free tech support atleast until the warranty's expire. I'm thinking they may have to re-think this one. If they go through with it, this site will start blowing up with questions for sure.

"I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken"
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
It is shameful how they treat their most successful product lines like red headed stepchildren.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by EV607797
It is shameful how they treat their most successful product lines like red headed stepchildren.

Its all about economics...LG discontinued the XTS hardware platform worldwide due to its cost to produce. The SBX, MBX and its LG counterparts are cheaper to market because one box tries to fit all (not always so good in my opinion...like putting a size 10 foot in a size 9 shoe) but that is the concept. Vertical is now charging for XTS phone support in part to encourage dealers to move to the current lines sooner than later and they are far from the only tech company to charge for incidents. Intuit comes to mind.

What I don't like is Vertical not providing extensive (like the XTS) documentation for any current system thus making us search around in the dark for answers to questions about basic features that phone systems have had for years. I really don't like calling tech support to ask about station group overflow or other questions where I end up saying "the XTS can do this...but how does the ?BX handle this?"....only to be told "Well this isn't an XTS" like I didn't know that already. Explain to me what the ?BX will do in a PDF file with a decent complete index and I won't have to call tech support so much.....is that so unreasonable?

I have learned more about the SBX from reading IPLDk-60 documentation than from the SBX documentation itself. There is a caveat to that, not all functions operate the same or even exist in both systems due to the Vertical tweaks to the operating system.

Last edited by Derrick; 05/03/13 09:08 AM.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

OP Offline
Have to say that without factory support for free, if we run into the need we will have to somehow charge the customer. Can't say too much on these message boards but, we sold a ton of xts/Sts/xtsc with most still in service. Really makes you consider who can count on.

phoneguy1
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
We can still count on each other for the most part. I usually call tech support for the XTS just to verify what I believe is the cause of a problem and the solution to it.

www.myrandomviews

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Other than Ricardo just exactly who at Vertical knows even 10% of what most of us know about the STS/XTS?

I thought that Patrick was still there. Granted, I haven't called there in years, in fact Dave Foster was the last person whom I reached (RIP, Dave).

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,441 Shoretel
189,211 CTX100 install
187,454 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (BobRobert), 86 guests, and 398 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024