web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Bilcor Offline OP
OP Offline
I have an Inter-tel 5000 V 1.2.5.114 that I plan on setting up to network to a location in another state. I am told that I need to update the software to Version 5.1 to match the phone system in that location. What kind of ball park price am I looking at for this upgrade?

Thanks,
Billy
York, SC

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Inter-Tel
Moderator-Inter-Tel
I have never seen where the versions have to match in order to network two systems. I have many many systems networked together that are different versions, not to mention Axxess systems networked to 5000 systems. You may need to upgrade the system(s) to include networking with the desired amount of ports between the two systems.

In saying that, maybe this is new with version 5.1???

Due to the TOS of the board, pricing is not allowed in the open forums.

Version 1.2 will definitely network to version 5.1.

However, the feature set has changed dramatically; so many current options will not be available. That, and the fact that 1.2 was so full of bugs, would make the dealer push this upgrade.

That system is about 6 years out of date. It’s overdue for an upgrade.

Bilcor Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the quick replys. I figured that the Dist in the remote location was just blowing smoke! I will probably upgrade anyway but just wanted to see if I could find some kind of budget figure for the upgrade. I will also be doing some IP phones and will need to do some Key codes for them also. The existing system has 32 digital ports and 10 analog phone lines. I guess I may need to add a Digital trunk port If I have to do a T1 to the other site. The remote dealer says that he doesn't like to use the internet for networking.

Billy C.
York, SC

Bilcor Offline OP
OP Offline
Another quick question......How does one get the version to display on the phone unit? Does the vrsion show when the unit is booted up?

The front panel of the system will show the software version; just scroll down through the system menu.

Also, Point-to-Point T1 networking to another state will get expensive quickly. You'll be better served with a VPN.

I think you can do 'Infinity, 9900, 9928' on an admin keyset to get version info. Then do 'Infinity, 9900' to turn off Diagnostic mode.

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,326
Posts638,992
Members49,781
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,448 Shoretel
190,724 CTX100 install
189,207 1a2 system
Newest Members
wierderal, dante2, Rupert, igor11176, hamishegg
49,781 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 11
Rupert 7
tim10 5
lyte 4
whoami 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 66 guests, and 98 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024