Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
cwheat5 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello everyone,
This is my first post as well as my first adventure into the "Phone Systems Programming" world. Uh oh is right LOL!
Anyway, its a simple system. 3 CO lines, 4 stations. Well, I can not do either internal/external paging. When I pickup the handset and dial 501 or 545 it immediately goes to a busy tone.
My second issue. I'm programming flex buttons 9-12 to 'page' stations 101-104 respectively. I follow the steps in the manual and when its all done, I'm getting a busy signal when I lift the handset and press flex 9-12.
I do the programming mainly through pcadmin.
I really appreciate your help!!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
While all stations are in the same page group by default, they are not allowed to initiate a page. That will never make any sense to me. Anyway, you need to enable paging origination under station attributes.

As for you second issue, what happens if you try programming buttons 9-12 by pressing TRANS/PGM, pressing the desired button, dialing the station number and then pressing HOLD/SAVE?

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
cwheat5 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hmm, if I remember correctly after hitting HOLD/SAVE most(or all) of the flex keys would light up red. I wish I could have made better mental notes, but it was around closing time and I had the owner of the location breathing down my neck...
Hopefully my servers are back up tomorrow so I'll be able to remote in LOL

cwheat5 Offline OP
OP Offline
UPDATE:
When I came to work today, our servers were back up and running so I was able to remote in to the location via the "Modem" connection.

Under pcadmin, pgm 111, 'Station Base Programming'-> 'Attributes I'..I had to scroll over to "Paging" and turn all of my 4 stations "ON".WTF are they pre-programmed to "OFF" anyway? Well, via pcadmin and the Modem connection and from what tech support was telling me, I programmed Flex buttons 22-24 as, and in this order, "page zone, ALL PAGE", "page zone, internal page 1", and "page zone, external page". Being off-site and having to call location and walk the person thru to do what I wanted her to do she said she was still getting a busy signal on 'flex button 23, internal page 1' and on 'flex button 24, external page' she didnt hear anything at all. While pressing 'flex button 22, ALL PAGE' she actually heard a "BEEP" which I believe was the warning sound and a page was soon to follow if she had gone through with it.
Also, while connected to their SBX via Modem, I assigned "Flex Buttons 9 - 12" to "page" individual stations 100 - 103. In pcadmin, I went to "Flex button assignment" and programmed for each station 100-103 as follows...Flex buttons 9-12 I programmed them as "station (xxxx), 100" all the way thru 103 and I updated each of these changes for each of my four stations here. Still, when I called the location and had the lady try to "page" one of the stations by pressing 'Flex button 9,10,11,12" she said she was still getting an immediate busy signal.

If one of you Vertical reps are on here or if someone knows of some tech support I can get a hold of I would greatly appreciate it. When I have called Vertical they directed me to "Hoosier Equipment" and guy there has been trying his best to help me out, but I'm getting no where.

As simple as the system is, the 'paging' aspect is essential to the customer, and since I've already installed the system and its live and my boss forgot to mention these aspects to program its now posing to be a great problem and its needing to be fixed ASAP.

Any help you can give me I would appreciate it! PM me if what you need to tell me is 'secret' and against the rules here

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
You need to go on site. You can never trust the customer to fix things themselves or to check it for you, especially with the SBX. Talking them thru it just doesn't work.

The system defaults buttons 11 to 24 as DSS keys to other stations starting with 100.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
cwheat5 Offline OP
OP Offline
Well, when we installed the SBX we put in the modem just so I could remote in if I had to. The reason being, this location is about an hour away from our central station and its not easy for me to leave being that I'm the one doing most of the programming for our techs in the field (we are a 95% alarm, 5% communications business.)

Derrick, I totally agree with you though. I need to be on site and not depend on feedback from the customer, although while talking with the customer and walking her through picking up the phone and hitting the various Flex Buttons isn't too difficult LOL!

You bring up the point of flex buttons 11 thru 24 already being pre-programmed. I noticed this while I was programming the 9-12 flex buttons as stations 100-103. Let me ask you this, would having two flex buttons programmed exactly the same cause a problem? For instance, Flex 9 and Flex 11 are now programmed to both page station 100. Could this 'double-programming' cause the system to error?

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Originally posted by cwheat5:
Could this 'double-programming' cause the system to error?
No. You can only program one DSS per station.

cwheat5 Offline OP
OP Offline
After re-reading your post, I believe its Flex Buttons '13'-24 that are pre-programmed as stations. I could be mistaken? I'm using the model 4024-00 24 button phone.
If thats the case, then my double programming is flex 9=12, 10=13, 11=14, and 12=15

cwheat5 Offline OP
OP Offline
LOL, double programming is 9=13 and so forth! My brain hurts hahaha

cwheat5 Offline OP
OP Offline
nfcphoneman, so this is why I'm still getting the busy signal then, huh?

They wanted all of their 'paging' buttons ground around the bottom of the phone so it would be easier on them, but evidently more difficult for me lol!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  EV607797, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,338
Posts639,059
Members49,785
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,715 Shoretel
191,044 CTX100 install
189,484 1a2 system
Newest Members
gianluca, Micheal C, etel, AVO-IT, wierderal
49,785 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Yoda 15
Rupert 11
tim10 10
dexman 5
Toner 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 180 guests, and 28 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024