web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I'm a computer guy who inherited support for an ids 228 system ("other duties as assigned") and was hoping I could get a few answers and help.

I've got access to the system (both Procomm and a terminal), and I've managed to piece together most of the stuff from the old documentation and the screens (and have avoided any damage).

But now I've been asked to make a change to the call processing (we moved our accounting group). And I can't seem to piece together the moving parts.

I've got an old diagram of how things were done on day 1, along with a bunch of "updates", but it still references people/extensions/Digital Voice Announcers that aren't here any more.

I'm trying to track the flow of a call coming in to the group I need to change. The diagram says A11,H37 goes to Recorder 1, Message 1.

Two things have me really confused.
1) How do I figure out what the system does when somebody presses '1'?
2) How do I figure out what is in a Hunt Group?

Thanks. Hope I'm not asking too much...

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-ESI - Executone
Moderator-ESI - Executone
PM sent

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel..

Retirement 2019 ( It has happened )
JJ Offline
You could be using ACD function, or the voicemail Auto-Attendent to route calls to a Hunt group.

If all else fails, use a BFH.
OP Offline
At least with the BFH, you know where it's busted ~:-)

I'm pretty sure I'm using the Auto Attendent (option Z on the programming screen).

But I'm missing a basic connection.

When somebody dials 5 at the recording, it goes to "Accounting and Human Resource". I just can't figure out what that means to the switch.

I've found the extensions, I've found the DVAs, I've found the ACDs, I've found the Auto Attendant screen. I just can't seem to find the string that ties them together... ~:-(

Nick

The test is to call into system and press 5. If factory voice says "please hold.." then you're using hardware auto attend (not Z screen). If you get instant ringback, music or a recording done on-site then you're using software AA (Z screen)

If you're using the software auto attend (Z screen) - usually digit 5 goes to ACD queue 5. Go to QA screen to follow the trail...
Mike

OP Offline
Click.. another dim light comes on. Still pretty dim, but getting brighter...

Thanks Mike.

Yep.. I'm using the Z screen. I noticed on the bottom of that screen that it says Attendant 1, scheme 5. Is that what maps the keys to the ACD?

There is also something in Hunt, and Ext in that line. How does the system figure to go to the ACD and not one of the others?

Thanks gang...

I think I can.. I think I can...

OP Offline
RTFM Sir -> Read the fine manual, Sir.

Ordered a copy of the manual. It explains a lot of what I was trying to figure out.

Now I have to sit down and read some more before I bother you folks with a little more intelligent questions.

Thanks a bunch for your patience.... And your help. Because without that to get me started, I'm not sure I would have been able to find my way around the manual as quickly as I have.

Nick

Moderated by  nonameyet, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,306
Posts638,894
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,905 Shoretel
190,018 CTX100 install
188,225 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
teleco 6
dexman 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 73 guests, and 32 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024