Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#482974 01/16/12 06:11 AM
OP Offline
Hi all,
I have a buddy who wants a security camera to monitor his frail parents who live on a "cottage" on his property. The video part is easy - a camera, couple of baluns and a AV input to TV and we're good.
But he also wants audio. Likely 500 feet of POTS cable between camera location and monitor location. I'm looking for microphone and "transmission" recommendations.
Thanks!
Mike

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Admin
Admin
Many video cameras have audio built into them

Merritt

Business Telephones & Equipment + Commercial Audio/Video Products
Commercial Communications . . . Turner, Maine
If it was built after 1980 don't expect it to work right.
OP Offline
Unfortunately, I'm not having much luck finding an appropriately-priced security camera that includes audio. Our normal suppliers have audio when you move to a higher-end PTZ and/or IP camera - but that's simply not in the cards for this application. Hence, I thought I'd go the route of camera and separate microphone - and transmit them as separate signals. The hunt continues...
Mike

Admin
Admin
PM sent

Merritt

Business Telephones & Equipment + Commercial Audio/Video Products
Commercial Communications . . . Turner, Maine
If it was built after 1980 don't expect it to work right.
Ordinary (professional) balanced microphones can work over miles of twisted pair cable, use a 600:600 ohm isolating transformer the amp end to get rid of any ground loops.

Or use a handsfree auto-answering loudspeaking phone (the sort that are used for door entry) and a ringdown circuit.

Are parents happy being eavesdropped on continuously? Would a carer phone with a neck pendant to initiate a call in the event of an accident be a better option?

OP Offline
Hi Owain,
That's the road I was on - converting unbalanced to balanced, traverse cable, back to unbalanced into monitor. Parents (really only father right now, mother is in nursing home) are fine with monitoring. I agree that pendant may be more effective since children can't watch 24/7
Cheers!

Hi mforrence - check this thread from the fall of 2008 where "MacGyver" recommended a Lourue ASK4-KIT300 which worked perfectly - https://www.sundance-communications.../ubb/get_topic/f/34/t/000282.html#000000

It totally solved my problem and was one of many times where the techs on here consulted and assisted me. Live and learn!

Hello
There are too many such camera that will suits your requirements.You need to just contact a person who has good idea of security camera. I will suggest you to contact Globalalarms (https://globalalarms.net),they are very experienced in fixing security cameras.They are very cost effective. You need to just contact him and they will do all the stuff for you.

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,326
Posts638,990
Members49,781
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,445 Shoretel
190,720 CTX100 install
189,206 1a2 system
Newest Members
wierderal, dante2, Rupert, igor11176, hamishegg
49,781 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 11
Rupert 7
tim10 5
lyte 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 91 guests, and 108 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024