web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
archie Offline OP
OP Offline
I have been looking for security camera and DVR PCI cards for video surveillance. I want to use computer or Windows server for monitoring and recording.

Did anyone have experience or comments using Swann or Lorex products? or some other products?

Swann has PC DVR-4-Net PCI Card. As for the camera, the Swann Maxi looks pretty good.

Lorex has a package with a PCI card and fours cameras (QLR0444) - not sure how good the cameras would be in that package because I couldn't find the spec of it.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
How many cameras and does it have to be a PCI, or would you use USB?

- Tony
Ohio Data LLC
Phone systems, data networks, firewalls and servers in Central Ohio.
Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected.
archie Offline OP
OP Offline
The DVR PCI card can host 4 cameras and you can have up to 4 cards in one system, so you can have up to 16 cameras.

Archie they will both work, they are lower end, so it all depends on what you are looking for. I actually have the Swann DVR-4 installed at my home. it works well but not great, it has basic features such as motion detection, multiple alert types, and e-mail notification. For the price it is not a bad deal. I personally perfer a stand alone dvr. It all depends on your budget.

I do not think I would use either for commercial purposes. But if you just want to be able to peek around your home and see who has been in and out the DVR-4 will work fine. Take a look at speco DVR's as well they are on the lower end of the price scale and work well. I have also had a lot of luck using nuvico.

I Swear I did not touch anything bash
Check out Video Insite out of Houston.
Full line of equipment. You can buy boards and sw
or thier systems. They use Dell servers with Dell onsite service. Network up to 64 systems.
https://www.video-insight.com/

archie Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Anthonyh and Brokeda.

I am planning to put cameras around my house. I will be put my web server up online which will be running 24x7 (at home) very soon, it has large storage space so it would be great if the PCI card is compatible to it, otherwise, I have to run another PC...

The video insite is very interesting; however, I have to re-plan my budget... need to find it out.

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,325
Posts638,978
Members49,779
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,320 Shoretel
190,595 CTX100 install
189,076 1a2 system
Newest Members
Rupert, igor11176, hamishegg, Rphoneguy, Kahm310
49,779 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
Rupert 7
tim10 5
lyte 4
whoami 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (nortelvoip), 181 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024