web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
relink Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a 2 cabinet Adix APS with a ix-4vml card which I upgraded from 6.12 to 6.20 to use call forwarding. Everything was working, calls were answered by the AA which transferred the incoming calls to ext which forward the calls using station speed dials. Then the VML started to have issues of not responding. I found that the VML would freeze after AA answered and a digit was pressed, after approx 30 second it would reset itself. A reset of the phone system seemed to help for a while. I thought the 'newer' ix-cpup might be causing it. I changed it with the older card and restored the 6.12 database. Now the VML freezes with every call. It's an older VML with a harddrive not a flash. Is this card's Harddrive going bad? Its possible with all my testing I have changed a setting that might causes this too but I can't seem to find it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I had a problem similar to this. The older cpu would cause "heep"? errors and funny things would happen. According to Iwatsu this is a known problem and the cure is to up grade the cpu.

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
Heap error issues would arise on earlier software versions once voice mail was added to the mix. Basically, the processor ran out of room on it's 'scratch pad' and would just decide it didn't want to play any more. Later versions, after 6.3, had a little more memory/ better allocation to work with and things were all cool again. Heap error symptoms were crazy and unexpected, and a reset usually cleared them. For a while, anyway.

You may be having issues with the hard drive on the voice mail card, however. The hard drive cards were phased out a few years ago and a flash card replacement was provided to fill the gap. It may be time to replace the voice mail card.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
relink Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the replies. I appreciate the feedback. I will try and upgrade to a version after 6.3. I have 2 other question that arose while working on this. I had a 6.2 ix-cpup that I was working with and inadvertently defaulted while the mem daughterboard was not fully connected.(moving the CN5 strapping jack) It no longer works and now it has solid red lights on CLR D9 and MAJ D8. Also the MIN D7 is solid green with D6-D3 blinking with a repeating pattern of
D6 on D5-3 off
D5, D3 on D6, D4 off
D5, D4 on D6, D3 off
D5, D4, D3 on D6 off
I have not had this happen before but I have the feeling this card is toast. Anyone have some experience with this?

Also when I was preforming the upgrade from 6.12 to 6.2 the 6.12 card had a default system size of 224. The 6.2 (which has ACD) a default system size of 256. Would this difference cause the VM issue? The upgrade note says call Iwatsu tech to fix issues. Any thoughts on this being the issue? Or how do you proceed to fix the difference?
Thanks again!

Moderated by  JBean3329 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,335
Posts639,036
Members49,785
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,537 Shoretel
190,873 CTX100 install
189,303 1a2 system
Newest Members
gianluca, Micheal C, etel, AVO-IT, wierderal
49,785 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Rupert 11
tim10 10
Yoda 9
Toner 7
dexman 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 107 guests, and 183 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024