web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
jimmsta Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm the head technician in a computer shop that uses the IVX20+ system, which houses a 20GB Seagate hard drive, which sounds like it's on the edge of death. Seeing as hard drive cloning is a standard part of my day, I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to just clone the old drive to a new drive, or not.

I'm guessing that the drive may have a password on it, preventing me from cloning the drive, which will require an installer to come and enable us to do this work on the system (as far as I know).

Any ideas? Should I just attempt to do this, and find out the results later?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

If there is a way for esi to prevent you from doing that, you can be sure they did. I have replaced a few with replacements direct from esi.
Mark

Just a bit of advice: If the hard drive does die (you will probably have things happen like voice prompts repeating, scrambled messages, etc.), DO NOT power down the system until you have a replacement drive on hand. The OS is loaded from the hard drive, so it will not reboot without it.

Brian Dunne
ETC Telecom
www.etctele.com
my understanding is that the ESI HD is a proprietary format and OS and it can not be accessed, copied or cloned by PC software.

We asked ESI about this as we are installing ESI 600's for a customer that we'd like to be cloned as we install them. ESI said that we could not clone the drives, but we could create an image and back it up, then restore it as needed on new systems.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Originally posted by PhoneSol:
ESI said that we could not clone the drives, but we could create an image and back it up, then restore it as needed on [b]new systems . [/b]
new systems meaning hard drives and systems purchased from ESI, is that correct? You can't just go get a new hard drive and load everything back on it right?
As a side note, when the hard drive fails, the phone system is completely out of service right?

And Jimmsta needs to complete his profile.
Mark

When the hard drive fails, the system will continue to work (except for the voice mail), until you try to restart it.

On the E-Class Gen II you can install a flash card in addition to the hard drive. It won't mirror the hard drive but it wil boot the system if a hard drive fails AND the customer reboots before they call you.

The ESI 600 and X-class both have mirrored memory module options so that all data will be retained in the case of a HD failure.

Brian Dunne
ETC Telecom
www.etctele.com
Actually, I sucessfully copied a 128 IVX last month using my drive duplicator.

Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Drive Duplicator??

Yep..

Good info CT. The key would be to dup it way before it got corrupted.

Bill
[email protected]
Company: Phonetech
352 222-4045

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,326
Posts638,990
Members49,781
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,445 Shoretel
190,719 CTX100 install
189,206 1a2 system
Newest Members
wierderal, dante2, Rupert, igor11176, hamishegg
49,781 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 11
Rupert 7
tim10 5
lyte 4
dexman 3
whoami 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (BobRobert), 100 guests, and 112 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024