Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#461493 01/22/06 03:06 AM
OP Offline
Got an E-Class for home, mostly for paging throughout the house.

Have call waiting on a single analog trunk. It works great on the feature phones once I set the flash timing to 0.5 to 1.0 ms (All setting worked O.K. in that range)

I would like to use a Panasonic cordless phone but when the flash is pressed I get the system tone instead of switching to the incoming 2nd call. The original call gets put on hold and the 2nd call never gets answered. The cordless has an adjustable flash range from 90ms to 700 ms, but it doesn't help.

Any ideas for adjustments that would help? Are there keystroke on the phone that would mimic the flash that the system is expecting?

Thanks in advance!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

From ESI's technical bulletin on using the Ploycom Conference phone I found the following:

Press the PolyCom unit’s Phone key four times, with one second between each keypress. (This action generates two hook-flashes, indicating to the analog port that a conference is being initiated.)

so.... if their phone key pressed four times generates 2 hook-flashes... maybe try two flashes to pickup the 2nd line? Just a suggestion, I've never tried using this on a line with call waiting.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Call wating is OFF by default in the user settings for analog phones. You need to enable it by pressing * XXX 53, where XXX is your own extension number. It won't work unless you do this first. Also make sure that the analog phone is set to ring in function 21.

Brian Dunne
ETC Telecom
www.etctele.com
OP Offline
O.K. Here is what I found so far. The first and second flash gets me system dial tone. 3rd flash reconnects me to original call. The Call Waiting call continues to ring.

Call waiting for that particular Ext was enabled already. In Function 21 all Ext's are listed in Ring 1 and Ring 3. Ring 5 is currently set for General MB 300.

Thanks for the good suggestions. Any other ideas?

Sounds like there may be a software bug. What software version are you running?

Brian Dunne
ETC Telecom
www.etctele.com
OP Offline
I'll hook up the laptop tomorrow and report back soon.

Thanks.

OP Offline
O.K. so I hooked up my laptop with the serial cable and rebooted my phone system. I watched the boot sequence scroll by in hyperterminal. When I tryed to connect through EZaccess it would get to the point where it tries to verify the password and it would error out saying that the password could not be verified or something is wrong with the connection. I can login fine through the phone.
This happened once before with my old laptop. It turned out that the flow control was set to "None". Everything started working when I changed it to Xon/Xoff. Needless to say, I have tried every connection setting variation I could think of. Currently I am set to 38400, 8, N, 1, Xon/Xoff in my COM1 settings. I rebooted the laptop and the phone system each time. I haven't found another cable yet to rule out the cable. Any suggestions?
So luckily (or so I thought) I have an NSP installed. I go to function 82 and verify the IP address is set to the default 192.168.248.1. So I put myself on the same subnet and try to connect through EZaccess. EZ can't connect. I ping the NSP and don't get a reply. The link light is on and the acctivity lights are flashing away. I go back to function 82 and notice that the MAC address is all zeros. I think that shouldn't be that way.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Looks like the phone system is not recognizing the NSP card. Was it tested on installation?

Brian Dunne
ETC Telecom
www.etctele.com
OP Offline
Agreed. I am the one that installed it. I don't remember Al showing an NSP test proceedure in training class. An IP shows up but not the MAC. Can you suggest how to set it up properly?

From the few I've done, the installation documentation for the NSP is really poor so it's easy to get the orientation wrong on the connectors. You may want to check with tech support to make sure you've got it exactly right. The NSP doesn't require any config in software, as long as it's hooked up correctly it should be accessible.

Brian Dunne
ETC Telecom
www.etctele.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,867
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,685 Shoretel
189,703 CTX100 install
187,890 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 119 guests, and 322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024