Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
TTSI1 Offline OP
OP Offline
Does any one know where I can get a copy of Hilton Hotels wiring standards for voice and data? I am bidding on wiring a hotel and the blue prints refer to the "voice and data wiring standards for Hilton Hotels".

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Admin
Admin
There is a 800 teck number for Hilton to track troubles and fix telecom problems. I think I have it at work. They could probably guide you to the specs. I'll try an PM you tomorrow with it.

[Linked Image]
That's a spec that should be part of the bid documents along with the prints. You certainly can't be expected to bid without a copy of the specs or you would be really stupid if you did. Wherever you got the prints from should have a copy. Sounds like an EC is not being straight with you.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
PM me with your email address. I have the entire pdf.

No. The specs are supposed to be provided with the drawings. That is what you are basing your bid on. That way if there is any dispute you can hand them what was given to you. If they won't provide them pass on the job. If you want to be stupid and base your bid on something you obtained elsewhere I guess that's your call. Just don't be surprised if you lose your shirt when you find out they have been revised 2 months before this job and what you based your bid on is innacurate.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
I've been down this path before. Believe me, you want to have the latest info directly from Hilton, as they will grant the final approval on the cabling since they will be providing guestroom HSIA and admin data and voice circuits. Most of the time the Hilton spec's exceed what the EC proposes since they try to get by as cheaply as possible with a design/build bid. They have websites for the franchise standards tailored to the specific brand of hotel as well as a general tech standards manual that encompasses all of their brands.

Originally posted by Pointdexter:
They have websites for the franchise standards tailored to the specific brand of hotel as well as a general tech standards manual that encompasses all of their brands.
I'd like to see that. Can you provide a link? Thanks

-Ken in MD-
www.kyawacomm.com
www.hiltonfranchise.com
www.embassyfranchise.com
www.hamptonfranchise.com
www.homewoodfranchise.com
www.doubletreefranchise.com
www.hiltongardeninnfranchise.com

Click on design and construction standards and then go to standards manuals.

They also give detailed telephone standards tailored to each specific brand.

You can follow the links to contact someone at Hilton for login credentials.

TTSI1 Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the Info. I called and got a login from them and got the info I needed. I told the GC that I needed the info from them and he did not know what I was talking about! He contacted the owner and they did not know they needed the standards. I asked the GC if he had even read the blue print notes and he had not even looked at the voice, data and video drawings and notes. He said he usually left that up to his electricians. This is apparantly the first time they have used a telecom contractor for the vdv wiring!!! They usually just use their electrician. I don't see how some of these GC's don't lose their proverbial pants on these jobs when they don't understand the importance of the telecom installation.

Glad you were able to find the information you were looking for. It is unfortunate some would rather call you stupid, instead of helping.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,296
Posts638,852
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,659 Shoretel
189,562 CTX100 install
187,845 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Professor Shadow), 142 guests, and 268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024