Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
armen Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello,

We have a Samsung IDCS 500 phone system installed in our office and we used to be able to access the system through the OfficeServ program by IP address but starting about a month ago we lost that connectivity. We were also able to connect to the system locally through the COM port but that has stopped working as well. The IP address is set on MMC xxx but we can't ping the IP anymore.

Anyone come accross this issue before?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Armen

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Have you tried power cycling the system? If you have not, try and see if that clears your problem.

armen Offline OP
OP Offline
Thats another thing I forgot to mention, currently if the system is powered off, it loses its configuration and we have to reload it from a backup. I am afraid that if we power cycle it we won't be able to connect to it via OfficeServ to restore the backup.

Make sure your backup switch is turned on near the bottom of the MCP.

If I remember correctly, even if you have the backup switch turned off... the system should not loose programming during a restart. That could be part of your problem. After setting the IP address, the system needs to be restarted in order for the MCP to respond to the new IP address. So if you have not restarted the system after entering the IP address for your network... you will not be able to access the system via a LAN connection.

armen Offline OP
OP Offline
We haven't changed the IP Address for the network card, it just stopped working one day.

Can you explain what backup switch you are referring to? On the MCP I see a tiny black switch inside but its not labeled(See here, https://img142.imageshack.us/img142/1092/mcp.jpg )

This is our two cabinets:
Cabinet 1: https://img10.imageshack.us/img10/8977/photorr.jpg
Cabinet 2:
https://img200.imageshack.us/img200/4229/photo2yh.jpg

I am able to connect to the SIO2 port and access the SMDR log through Hyperterminal but I get "Failed download from System....." when trying to use OfficeServ.

On the View Alarms the following shows when trying to connect to the system,

MNF12 SIO:1 "IO port has lost DTR"

Originally posted by armen:
We haven't changed the IP Address for the network card, it just stopped working one day.
I thought you mentioned you had to reprogram the system because it lost the programming. If you in fact loaded a backup amd if the IP address changed from default to the network address... you would need to do a restart.

Can you explain what backup switch you are referring to? On the MCP I see a tiny black switch inside but its not labeled(See here, https://img142.imageshack.us/img142/1092/mcp.jpg )
I cannot see the picture clearly enough, but it's a black switch inside the case on the circuit board for the MCP.

I am able to connect to the SIO2 port and access the SMDR log through Hyperterminal but I get "Failed download from System....." when trying to use OfficeServ.
This sounds like a problem I have experienced before and the restart cleared it. If you are afraid you will lose your programming, then don't restart.

As I mentioned before, a simple restart shouldn't cause you to lose programming... even if the backup switch is turned off. When you lost programming before... was the system without power for an extended period time?

armen Offline OP
OP Offline
Here is a better picture of the switch, looks like its in the down position.

https://img508.imageshack.us/img508/3404/switch.jpg

That isn't the switch. It isn't accessible from the front. You have to power off the system, pull the card out and the switch is on the bottom of the card towards the back, but since you say you lose programming, I wouldn't do that.

I also noticed that you have a Rel.1 OS500. I've had a couple of Rel.1 processors where the battery back up capacitor has failed. This might be what is going on when you cycle power. Not a big deal if you have a backup on the computer and the media card on the switch.

The other thing about this is the lan card for the Rel.1 processor is a separate card that resides on the I/O board at the top of the first cabinet. It has its own capacitor as well and might be losing programming every time you power down.

Last thing is the com ports at the top can only be used for one thing at a time. Port 1 defaults as PCMMC(OfficeServMgr), Port 2 defaults as SMDR. You have to check programming to see what each port is set to and match it in OfficeServ.

Now, having said all that this is what I'd do first. Set the lan parameters in programming and then restart the switch via that same program, NOT with a power cycle. I would then try to access it from the PC with a crossover cable to insure there is not something coming from the network thats stepping on the connection.

armen Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for everyones replies.

So if we go to MMC XXX and choose "YES" to "Card Reset" is it going to restart the entire system or just the LAN card?

EDIT: Please do not post programming information, such as MMC's in the public forum.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,433 Shoretel
189,203 CTX100 install
187,444 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 129 guests, and 424 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024