Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#434679 07/18/09 03:36 AM
OP Offline
Hello,

Does anyone have pictures of an in-service 7400? I am curious how others would address cable management.

A loaded up 7400 is a lot of ports and a lot of rack space between cable management.

Thanks!

Scott
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Graybar used to carry a Hydra cable pinned out for the Samsung 7000 product with one end either a RJ45 or RJ11 and the other end is a standard amped tail. Use a short tail up to a patch pannel and from there to a patch pannel that goes to your MDF or to a pannel that has your station cables terminated on it

I know you are looking for an OS7400, but here's how we handled our two cabinet OS7200 at our office.

[img]https://media.columbiatribune.com/i...73923164d40afcedbf1819f47c71f3cddfafa06d[/img]

This is one of our 7400 installs, the customer had a very limited budget for things like racks and cable management. The PC appliance below is the LINK/EasySet server and our local programming access for IT and hyperterm. Its purposely slightly grainy as customer was leery about putting any pics of their computer room on the net...

If we had more ports we would definitely want more horizontal cable management on the bottom. [Linked Image from vernontelecom.com]

We used orange patch cords for mission critical and yellow for sets. Easier for the in-house CG to trace phones vs PC. I wanted to use a 3rd colour for POE Voip sets but the CG didnt want that kind of 'clutter'. (what is not shown in the picture is his rainbow of mix and match patch cords that he's made/collected from cheap router purchases etc)

To be fair, they are coming along, a far cry from a 2U wall mounted cable rack with the patch cords 'air managed' to a mix of 5 and 8 port hubs (not switches) for some 60 users. We brought them a long way but its still a fight of why do we need that.

~ Marty

Sometimes there ARE ghosts in the machine. I use MSN Live, ask me for the addy if you want.

Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

http://www.vernontelecom.com
OP Offline
Good tip on the hydra cable Don. I really should be using a premade cable on my wall mount 7100's. Most of those installs are just little 4X8 jobs interfaced to existing station cables on 66 blocks. I make the custom breakout cables myself --lame. If I rack mount it's patch cables all the way.

Guys those are great installs! I can see it's all about the cable management.

Marc, that's brochure quality work and photography right there. those 7200's look awsome racked up like that. I've never seen that Hoffman manager before. Looks like it does a solid job between those Chatsworth racks.

I'm a Leviton guy too. I like that style of horizontal manager. Nice detail and nice install. Those even look like the Leviton branded patch cables.

Scott
Last 7400 job i have done was a double cabinet install with a lot of extns found it very hard
to run the cat5 cables so all ways make sure you have good cable managent in place also make a proper list of where the extns are plugged in save your self a hell of alot of time sorry i havnt a photo of the site but you would be amased how many cat5 cables there are also have differant colours for diff ctts

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,306
Posts638,894
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,907 Shoretel
190,068 CTX100 install
188,242 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
teleco 6
dexman 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 85 guests, and 30 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024