web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I searched but couldn't find any related Topics.

My client needs to have 2 sets of lines answered
differently.
Main lines answered by Ext 201 "O"(overflow to 529)

A new CSR Dept. needs to be answered by the Cadence (auto Attendent) so they can Dial agents directly via list, directory or dial by Ext. # off business cards

I see where Cadence says they have 16 different greetings....I can't find where to program that.
(I can record them) Where do you invoke or Hang a greeting on a Port?

I went into Switch/Config, Port Specific, Line ID. I created a Line ID 2 (default 1) Now What?

Obviously I would prefer to have calls answered
correctly (differently) by CO, or by Trunk Group.
Say 501 for Mains, 502 for CSRs... ANY VM port, as opposed to hanging specific Greetings per port...and pointing trunks at ports....Traffic issues....(Which I don't see how to do either.)

Any Help, GREATLY appreciated.

DCS: 4.6, Cadence: VM8a 8 Port.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Setup line id mapping and route the lines to your new "2" greeting table or just route them to the groups you want. Like the manny says when you set up the new "2" it will follow the numbers that are two higher than the default.

I dont prefer port specific just use the line id mapping.

And if I can remember correctly to record the line ID 2 greeting you need to call in on that number and log into voicemail administration to record ID 2's main greetings.

you are correct Bend

OP Offline
Thanks to All.

AGAIN !!

Looks like The client will have a Generic Main greeting, same for both sets of lines.

I guess they will try having customers "know" the CSR's Ext. number......I wonder about their New clients calling in.

Be that as it may....
That is the easiest for me.
Still...... The Line ID mapping page
is confusing, I didn't know if I was putting in Trunk #'s (701 etc.) in the BEGIN and END areas, with 2 in the ID number.

"2 Higher" (wrichey) threw me.
My Manny, a pdf. of Cadence, didn't show any of that, Although my reading skills are suspect smile

For my own edification, I will try setting up mapping on a trunk from the back of the group, for testing, and try it out. Future Reference!

Whoa Boy.... it would have taken awhile to figure to call in on that line for recording.

Can't say THANKS enough.

PS: My Stinkin' Dell FINALLY worked great with a USB/Serial adapter, COM3, 9600, 8.N.1 No h'ware.
Beats carrying around a docking station.

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,325
Posts638,979
Members49,780
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,355 Shoretel
190,621 CTX100 install
189,114 1a2 system
Newest Members
Rupert, igor11176, hamishegg, Rphoneguy, Kahm310
49,779 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 16
Rupert 7
tim10 5
lyte 4
dexman 3
jsaad 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 87 guests, and 40 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024