Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
CAV Offline OP
OP Offline
One of our managers is looking for a way to keep a phone user from disabling forwarding to voice message. We've got iDCS 18D keysets on a DCS Compact system. The keyset is programmed so that one button is programmed with FWRD0 (to cancel all programming options) and another programmed with FWRD4 (to forward on busy/no answer).

The problem is that users will for some reason 1)press the "forward off" button to cancel all options, or 2) press the "forward on" button, which toggles the state of the forward on busy/no answer option. This just happens to drive this manager insane because she can't leave a message for various people.

Is there a way to lock in the settings so that voice messaging can't be tampered with? I'm really wanting to avoid manually inspecting and setting each extension using MMC 102. I suppose I could set the forward option for a phone, and not program a button to allow option cancellation.

CAV

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

You could set the pna (preset no answer). I think that is a few MMC's above 102....

www.A1Bizcom.com
Specializing in selling and installing new and used Samsung systems
pvj Offline
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
There isn't a preset forward on the Compact unless its in the 2.8 software but I doubt it.
If the manager wants to leave the other person a message and they have an SVMi voicemail then just press # + extension number or DS key and they can instantly leave the other party a message.

CAV Offline OP
OP Offline
Well the situation is that the system was originally set so that you press a phone key to activate forwarding of messages to voice mail on busy/no answer. What happens is that the button inadvertently gets pressed again, canceling the forwarding option. I find it weird that the voice mail capability is so dependent on message fowarding. There must be another way around it.

CAV

pvj Offline
CAV,
I

pvj Offline
CAV,
Is this for internal,external messages or both?
Like I posted above,there is a very easy way for internal callers to leave another party a message if using an SVMi series voicemail.For external callers if the call is supervised the voicemail would handle it.If its not supervised then you rely on the forwarding of the telephones to send the caller to voicemail.The users really don't need a preset forward button on the phone and the problem with people accidentally pushing the button is why I wouldn't put one on the phones.

Just a couple of thoughts! As PVJ mentioned you could use Preset forward no answer, additionally if the call originates in the voicemail, the transfer recall timer will pull the call back to the voicemail. Finally, you can disallow access to forwarding in class of service.

Hope this helps!

\
One Suggestion. Take off the CFWD button from the phone. Then use your access codes 602,603,604 to set up CFWD for the phone, and don't tell the user. Try it!!

pvj Offline
Telephone man,
What I said was there is no preset forward on the Compact unless you mean the 602,603,604 to forward.

My mistake, you are correct.

\
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,320
Posts638,956
Members49,779
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,253 Shoretel
190,484 CTX100 install
188,954 1a2 system
Newest Members
Rupert, igor11176, hamishegg, Rphoneguy, Kahm310
49,779 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 16
tim10 5
Rupert 5
lyte 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 164 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024