Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
Hello.

I have an idcs 500 system running on a PRI line(23 trunks)

I was wondering how I would dial into the DISA line?

Lets say I use MMC 410 to set Trunk 11 as a DISA line.

How would I then dial in remotely into trunk 11 in order to access the DISA feature?

Which MMC do I use or how would I go about accessing the DISA feature if I wanted a home office to be able to utilize the system.

Thanks.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
Does no one understand how to set up the DISA feature or is this something that is being kept a secret like the resetting of the password without loosing programming?

Please let me know if I did not explain the problem correctly or if you need more detail.

I understand how to setup a DISA trunk but I need to know how to dial into it?

1. If I make trunk 710 a DISA trunk in MMC 410, however do I just have to call randomly and hope that by luck I will get trunk 710?

2.If DISA password is turned off(MMC210). You will automatically have system dial tone when you call in on the trunk? So if a regular person who is calling the company will just get a dial tone if he happens to call in on the DISA trunk 710?

I was hoping I could get some information on this before I start messing around with a system. I thought I might be able to avoid some embarrassment if someone who set this up before could give me some pointers.

Thanks.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
I am not familiar with your particular system, but I do work with Vodavi systems and have never been able to get DISA to work when using a PRI.

The reason is that channels on a PRI are not the same as POTS lines. DISA is traditionally used with POTS lines. Phone numbers that are delivered via a PRI are simply DID numbers that "float" along all available channels on the PRI.

We have been able to get service providers to "point" one particular DID number to a specific channel which makes it easier to provide individual treatment for calls to that number. Do you think that might be an option for you? By at least having the number terminate on one specific channel, you might be able to configure that one trunk to provide DISA service.

Sorry I can't be of more help. Like I said, I have the same problem here with our Vodavi system.

------------------
Ed
---------
How come there's always enough time to go back and fix it a second time?

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
OP Offline
ev607797, that was actually a lot of help.

Thank you for responding. I now can contact the carrier and see if this is something I can get setup.

Thanks.

EV607797, If you state that you are not familiar with the Samsung iDCS 500, then why are you the moderator????

From watching this site, it is my understanding that the people moderating have a understanding of the product!!!

pvj Offline
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by phonman123:
EV607797, If you state that you are not familiar with the Samsung iDCS 500, then why are you the moderator????

From watching this site, it is my understanding that the people moderating have a understanding of the product!!!
</font>

He is a mod just not in this forum.Nothing wrong with trying to help out right?

As for the original post,I have never used disa with a pri.It sounds to me the answer ev gave you makes sense though.Do you own a manual? And please give people time to answer your questions sometimes we don't always get to the board in a timely manner but we do our best.

The Assistant,are you a tech or an end user?
There is a reason that the tech passcode reset is not given out and I'm not about to debate it.That information is knowledge that the average person would never need and as a dealer I wouldn't be too happy with end users running around changing passcodes and programming at will and then expecting the dealer to fix up their mistakes.There is a reason that we spend a week or so in class to learn the system.

[This message has been edited by pvj (edited September 08, 2005).]

Admin
Admin
Phonman..look at the main categories and if you read slowly you'll find he's a Moderator for another category. Yes they even let us post in others. Are you just critical or do you have the Samsung DISA answer?

------------------
[Linked Image from commserveinc.com]

Business Phone Systems

[Linked Image]
nothing personal assistant but you appear to be an end user and your profile and email dont help you out here. I have personally tried to email help to you and it was turned away. When we ask you a question like what system or anything else I suggest you respond with an answer instead of passing it over and heading to another question or we cant help you.

with that said here is a question on the 500 ver1 that you are working on do you have the pri setup to ring specific numbers on specific channels. The reason is exactly like ED and PVJ said it cant be done if the numbers are floating.

hey look I responded can I be a mod now? [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

the station password has to be changed or the disa wont function the default is not allowed and the seq should go like this.

call in on the disa, get "system tone", enter station number and password, get real tone, make call to station or pick up new line and call out.

Disa is risky and you need to set it for night or day or both depending on your needs. the password must be enabled at the station its a security feature that if not in place would allow "hacking" the system

[This message has been edited by wrichey (edited September 08, 2005).]

Sorry for trying to offer insight in a forum that I am not qualified, I had just noticed that there were no responses and thought anything would help.

I didn't mean to offend anyone, it just seemed that nobody had an answer and I thought we kind of owe visitors and members something to ponder based upon our general experience in the industry.

Again, I apolgize to anyone (including Phonman123) who was offended by my lack of expertise with Samsung products. I was just trying to help.

------------------
Ed
---------
How come there's always enough time to go back and fix it a second time?

[This message has been edited by ev607797 (edited September 08, 2005).]

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
OP Offline
wrichey, I started this thread saying
"I have an idcs 500 system running on a PRI line(23 trunks)"

Sorry, I should of said "Samsung idcs 500 system" but I thought that since this was a Samsung forum, it was kind of implied.

The " pri setup to ring specific numbers on specific channels" has to be done at the Carrier's level correct? MMC 406 or any other MMC would not apply to this?

If I understand what your saying correctly. When you dial into a DISA line, you will get a DISA dial tone however at this stage you do not have the ability to call another station or make an outbound call until you enter the station number and password?

I would not want someone to accidentally dial this number and have access to the system.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,319
Posts638,945
Members49,778
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,253 Shoretel
190,482 CTX100 install
188,952 1a2 system
Newest Members
igor11176, hamishegg, Rphoneguy, Kahm310, PeterG
49,778 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 15
lyte 4
jsaad 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (BobRobert), 108 guests, and 39 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024