web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jsimmons:
It is a comdial DX-80. I already did try what you are suggesting with out success.</font>

The transfer to that mailbox is a different procedure from transferring to a phone. You are trying to transfer to a phone that does not exist is why the display shows "out of service." Try using the transfer to voicemail procedure and you will be successful that way.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

you should be able to hit the voice mail button and then the ext. button (or dial the ext. #) and hang up, that should put the caller at your greeting.

upon review, I see that's what punch said!
mark

[This message has been edited by markk (edited March 16, 2005).]

Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Yeah, JWRacedog appears to have been thinking the same as me. If the box were a 300-series box or higher, a VM Xfr would not work without additional programming in the DX80. But since it is a 100-series, I think Punchdown got it right on. It sounds like you are attempting to transfer to the phone, which isn't there, instead of transferring to the mailbox. Check your user's guide for the correct procedure to transfer callers directly to a mailbox, without ringing the phone. I can't remember the steps off the top of my head, but it's in there. I'm sure someone can cover me on the steps.

------------------
[Linked Image from sigcomsys.com]
| Signal Communication Systems - Fresno, CA | Phone Systems - Central Valley, CA

I think all you do is hit the VM button, then ext.number and hang up.

------------------
| Telephone Systems | Voice & Data Cabling

OP Offline
Looks like a lot of activity last night, I do appreciate all the help.

The system is a DX-80 with 7260-00 HAC Phones.

I have the DX-80 Executive users Guide and the Supervisors Guide only.

I am trying to transfer to a mailbox that is not associated with an extension. We are trying to set voice mail boxes for some of our employees that spent most of there time offsite and do not have a physical phone in the office.

The box I set up has a greeting recorded, and is set to transfer to voice mail. When a call comes in, I hit the transfer button, then type in the box number and get the “out of service”.

If there is more documentation about this system I would be interested in reading it. We do have a DB-9 serial cable hooked up to the system, but I do not know if we have the software and/or username and password to connect to it.

Again thanks for all your help.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jsimmons:
Looks like a lot of activity last night, I do appreciate all the help.

The system is a DX-80 with 7260-00 HAC Phones.

I have the DX-80 Executive users Guide and the Supervisors Guide only.

I am trying to transfer to a mailbox that is not associated with an extension. We are trying to set voice mail boxes for some of our employees that spent most of there time offsite and do not have a physical phone in the office.

The box I set up has a greeting recorded, and is set to transfer to voice mail. When a call comes in, I hit the transfer button, then type in the box number and get the “out of service”.

If there is more documentation about this system I would be interested in reading it. We do have a DB-9 serial cable hooked up to the system, but I do not know if we have the software and/or username and password to connect to it.

Again thanks for all your help.
</font>

To transfer an outside caller to Mail Box 120 follow these steps: Press the Voice Mail button (fourth row last button on right) dial 120 from the keypad and then hangup.

There's your key. You are pressing Transfer, then dialing the extension or pressing the DSS button. This is what's causing your problem. You are trying to do a transfer to an extension, rather than to a mailbox. Transfer + Ext. is designed to ring the phone. Voicemail + DSS Button or Transfer + Voicemail + Dialing Ext. is designed to transfer a call straight to a mailbox WITHOUT first ringing the phone. Give that one a try.

------------------
[Linked Image from sigcomsys.com]
| Signal Communication Systems - Fresno, CA | Phone Systems - Central Valley, CA

OP Offline
That worked. Thanks for the help.

Now for a new question. Can an phone at extension 102 be set to voice mail box 120? I would like to set up the vm independent of the physical phone extension/location.

Only one question a week - just kidding. Not sure what you are asking. Please clarify more in detail.

OP Offline
I want to separate a user’s voice mail from the extension. So if Jane moves into a new office, and get a new extension that her voice mail is still the same. I guess I need to know how to map an extension to a voice mail box. Or put another way the receptionist would transfer a call to the new extension but if it is not picked up the call will go to her existing voice mail box.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,416 Shoretel
189,175 CTX100 install
187,429 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 138 guests, and 441 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024