Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
SPF0 Offline OP
OP Offline
Mark
The VM (Flash) that I am sending back to Comdial under and RMA has a sticker that says
07/04
7271CVM
S/N 7271B01349101878
6036.1B-Karel
Assembled in USA

I have to go to the site that has the recent hard drive problem and will get the numbers off that one.

I am thinking very seriously about dropping Comdial and offering Nortel and Call Pilot voice mail

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

My notorious VM (flash) card , trying to return it for credit. By the way I sold and installed the DX80 without VM and it is trouble free.
K-7271-2941
7271BO141612779
6042.1B-Karel
V-1.0 smds

[This message has been edited by bikechuck (edited September 02, 2004).]

Admin
Admin
Understand your frustration. Let me offer unsolicited advice. If you plan on selling Nortel and Call pilot(affectionally referred to by us already selling as "crash pilot") be prepared for a whole new set of issues. Never in 28 years of telephony have I sold or supported a voice mail system I hated to program as much as this and if I had a dollar for every question an enduser asked about using it I would never have to work again. I have not received as much as 1 email from Nortel in 9 months. No help at all. Save yourself the pain of selling this and just put a loaded handgun down the front of your pants...it's quicker and actully less painful than supporting Nortel. JMHO

[Linked Image]
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Ohh...come on now.. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com] quit beatin' around the bush--tell us what you REALLY think. LOL LOL

SPF0 Offline OP
OP Offline
It ssems as though every system out there (at least what I am hearing or reading into the responses) has it's own set of unique problems. It therfore would make sense to sell a system that has the minimum set of issues. Which systems are those?
We feel comfortable at this time in the small office market of 48 users and under.
We only have a few Comdial systems installed, and already we feel overwhelmed by the amount of time to support Comdial problems. No wonder companies have fled their ranks of dealers. If this keeps up we might as well give the cusomers $500 not to buy a system. This method could be cheaper for us.

Admin
Admin
You do seem to have an unusually high amount of troubles for the few systems that you have installed. The problems we see are typically cyclic(new run of production,new models,different manufacturer,etc.) Usually ours go in with few if any issues. I'm really thinking you may have line voltage issues in your area. Loop current issues in outlying areas have caused us similar problems. But maybe twice a year we have those spooky initial installs. If I were you I would look at the Mike Sandman catalog and get his book on line troubles and maybe invest in a line loop current detector. We have used it show the local carriers conditions such as low current, no disconnect supervision, etc. Just a thought.

[Linked Image]
I have put a lot of them in with no real serious issues also. The A33 software seems good and I've had no unusual VM issues (knock on my bald head) My first thought is also power, loop current and I've seen voltage on the ground cause some gremlins.
It sure would be good business for Comdial to be more forthcoming on the problems.
mark

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,437 Shoretel
189,208 CTX100 install
187,452 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 115 guests, and 402 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024